LaBeouf opens up about his eye injury on Transformers sequel setJune 23rd, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 23 (ANI): American actor Shia LaBeouf has opened up about the eye injury that he got on the set of the Transformers sequel.
At first it had been reported that LaBeouf, 23, had been injured during a controlled explosion on the set, but the actor has revealed that he impaled his face on a spike.
“We were in the middle of some chaos and I mistimed something and impaled my face on a spike,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“I came up and I had a spike in my eye and I had blood coming down my face and it was the dark, dark purplish kind, which is actually a great thing.
“If it had been reddish and clear, it would mean my eye (had) popped,” he said.
LaBeouf’s co-stars feared the worst when they saw his bloody face.
“His face was destroyed… He (LaBeouf) has the highest tolerance for pain that I’ve ever seen in a human being,” Megan Fox said.
Josh Duhamel added: “We thought he’d lost his eye.”
LaBeouf even impressed members of the military, who were drafted in as extras during a battle scene shoot at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, when he refused to take time off after the injury.
“We were all pretty impressed. To get up from a movie explosion, which leaves you injured, and get back in there is cool,” a soldier who was among the extras witnessed the injury and told WENN last year.
“He’s got broken fingers from his car crash and now his eyelid has been slashed open. He’s lucky he still has his sight.
“He was treated at the clinic at the air force base and then a local ophthalmologist came by to check on his eye.
“He was in the clinic for about four hours and then he returned to the set once the swelling had gone down,” he added. (ANI)
- LaBeouf opens up on 'Transformers' accident - Jun 23, 2009
- Shia LaBeouf's fans start new religion -Shiantology! - Jul 30, 2009
- LaBeouf happy about Mulligan's marriage - Sep 07, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf Handcuffed After A Bar Fight - Feb 06, 2011
- Actor Shia LaBeouf Disparages 'Indiana Jones' Sequel - May 19, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf says his damaged hand is now '100pc' better - Sep 22, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf 'handcuffed by police after bar brawl in LA' - Feb 06, 2011
- Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan Split? - Oct 21, 2010
- LaBeouf handcuffed after bar brawl - Feb 06, 2011
- Dustin Hoffman is Shia LaBeouf's idol - Oct 01, 2010
- Huntington-Whiteley obsessed with Prince Harry - Jul 03, 2011
- My sci-fi characters close to reality: Hollywood director - Feb 18, 2011
- Douglas going through personal "crisis" due to son's pending drugs trial - Mar 10, 2010
- Whiteley takes running lessons - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon' Trailer Released Online - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: air force base, american actor, bloody face, car crash, chaos, co stars, explosion, eye injury, fingers, josh duhamel, megan fox, new mexico, ophthalmologist, shia labeouf, soldier, spike, tolerance, transformers sequel