Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrestFebruary 26th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 26 (ANI): Brit fashion legend John Galliano’s label has dumped him after being arrested on suspicion of assault and anti-Semitism.
According to the police, he has been accused of making anti-Semitic remarks after a late-night drinking session in Paris which saw him attack a couple in a cafe, reports the Sun.
In France, making anti-Semitic remarks is punishable by up to six months in prison-but Galliano has not been charged with any offence.
Famed fashion house Christian Dior announced it was suspending him as creative director as a police official said he had also exchanged slaps with the couple.
The firm said in a statement it is was making the move pending an investigation into the incident.
Cops said the 50-year-old had drunk the equivalent of up to two bottles of wine when he was nicked.
A Paris police spokesman said: “We don’t know the precise nature of the incident but Mr Galliano was detained after a couple made a complaint last night.
“The level of alcohol in his blood was tested and he was then released. He had been drinking quite heavily,” said the spokesman. (ANI)
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano arrested in Paris - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- John Galliano's 'victim' defends designer - Mar 11, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011
- Galliano checks into rehab? - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- Portman disgusted by Galliano's anti-Semitic remarks - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: alcohol, anti semitism, christian dior, cops, creative director, drinking session, fashion house, john galliano, late night, legend john, london feb, paris police, police official, police spokesman, precise nature, six months, slaps, sun, suspicion, wine