“Laaga Chunari Mein Daag”, “Bhool Bhulaiya” open to mixed responseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:08 am ICT by admin
Starring Rani Mukherjee, Abhishek Bachchan, Konkona Sen Sharma, Kunal Kapoor, Jaya Bachchan and Anupam Kher, the movie failed to make a mark with audiences.
The film has been co-produced by film production company Yash Raj Films and Pradeep Sarkar.
“It was okay. Not as good as expected from a Yash Raj film. The standard has gone down,” said P K Madan, a viewer.
The film also explores topics like migration and a woman as the sole breadwinner of a family, a concept that many Indians are yet to feel comfortable accepting.
“Laaga Chunari Mein Daag” is the latest in what appears to be a movement within Bollywood, better known for its song-and-dance love stories, towards bold and mature themes.
Analysts say audiences, who prefer films with content rather than a star cast, are pushing the trend.
While “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag” failed to please audiences, another Bollywood offering “Bhool Bhulaiya” (The Maze) definitely made an impact with audiences.
Lead actor Akshay Kumar made an entry in the second half but carried the audiences with him with his perfect comic timing.
“Only when Akshay Kumar (lead actor) comes in, the movie becomes interesting otherwise it is just average. The comedy that Priyadarshan (director of the movie) has put in, is mind-blowing and then Akshay’s acting is always good,” said Rahul, a viewer.
Another viewer, Vikas, added, “People who believe in black magic and all this should watch the movie at least one time so that their concepts are clear.”
The film also stars actors Shiney Ahuja, Amisha Patel and Vidya Balan, who is being talked about for her newly found glamorous look.
The film’s producer Bhushan Kumar, says though the film has comic elements, it deals with the supernatural - a theme never before dealt with by Bollywood. (ANI)
- Pradeep Sarkar film for Yash Raj Films on schedule - Jan 06, 2010
- YRF's 'Lafangey Parindey' To Hit Theaters On Aug 20 - Jun 25, 2010
- Yash Raj ropes in Pradeep Sarkar again to direct next film - Oct 01, 2009
- Response to "Don 2" better than expected: Kunal Kapoor - Dec 23, 2011
- Controlled hype for 'Lafangey Parindey' - Aug 19, 2010
- Bollywood Buzz Of The Week - Jul 21, 2010
- Shock and abuse: Bollywood's new style - Feb 15, 2011
- 'Lafangey Parindey' survives as well - Aug 24, 2010
- Shah Rukh and I are likeminded: Kunal Kapoor - Mar 13, 2011
- Rani finally going out of YRF - Jan 21, 2010
- Pradeep Sarkar's iGift to Neil - May 19, 2010
- All's well between Pradeep Sarkar and Vidya Balan - Aug 11, 2010
- No SRK film at fourth Bollywood film fest in Poland - Mar 21, 2010
- Kunal Kapoor calls 'Doga' his ambitious project - Dec 29, 2011
- Sisterly love lost between Vidya and Rani? - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, akshay kumar, amisha patel, audiences, bhushan kumar, bollywood, breadwinner, comic elements, daag, konkona sen sharma, kunal kapoor, pradeep, priyadarshan, rani mukherjee, sarkar, shiney ahuja, supernatural, vidya balan, yash raj film, yash raj films