La Toya Jackson to sing at MJ tribute showOctober 1st, 2011 - 8:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 1 (IANS) Michael Jackson’s sister singer La Toya Jackson will pay tribute to his late brother by performing at his tribute show.
La Toya has not sung in public since the 1990s, but she’s preparing to fly to Wales to join Black Eyed Peas and Christina Aguilera at the Michael Forever concert in Cardiff Oct 8.
“There will never be another magical moment such as this to celebrate Michael with his fans,” express.co.uk quoted her as saying.
La Toya wants to celebrate her brother’s legacy, and admits she’s looking forward to taking time out from attending ongoing Dr. Conrad Murray’s involuntary manslaughter trial. Murray is accused of administering the fatal dose of anaesthetic Propofol, which cost Michael’s his life in 2009.
“In speaking with my mother, I asked her where she thinks Michael would rather have us be - in this courtroom filled with negativity and lies, or on a stage celebrating his music, his legacy and his life. She said without a second of thought, ‘Celebrating his life with family and fans’. I am looking forward to putting on a great show and making my brother proud,” she said.
- Michael Jackson doctor found guilty of manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Jackson doctor found guilty; fans, family cheer verdict - Nov 08, 2011
- Tito: Murray should be jailed for life - Nov 10, 2011
- Michael Jackson's death, a conspiracy: LaToya Jackson - Apr 11, 2010
- Conrad Murray's Preliminary Hearing Set For January 4 - Aug 24, 2010
- Murray 'ordered over 250 vials of Propofol in months before MJ's death' - Jan 11, 2011
- MJ's doc pleads not guilty - Jan 26, 2011
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- In glare of media, Jackson's doctor faces the music - Feb 09, 2010
- MJ's family furious over 'lenient' charge against Murray - Feb 05, 2010
- Michael Jackson's last words revealed - Nov 09, 2011
- Janet Jackson blames Dr Conrad Murray for MJ's death - Apr 05, 2010
- I blame doctor for Michael's death: Janet Jackson - Apr 05, 2010
- Michael Jackson's son may testify - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: 1990s, black eyed peas, cardiff, christina aguilera, courtroom, dr conrad, express co, family and fans, fly, involuntary manslaughter, la toya jackson, legacy, magical moment, manslaughter trial, michael jackson, negativity, propofol, taking time, tribute, wales