LA officials to devise plan to ”tame” paparazziAugust 1st, 2008 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 1 (ANI): In a move to put an end to constant hounding of Hollywood stars by the paparazzi, local officials in and around Los Angeles have decided to devise a plan to put legal reins on the media.
Officials from popular celebrity areas like Beverly Hills , Hollywood , and Malibu will be meeting to discuss ways of controlling photographers.
They have raised concerns that in recent years, the paparazzi have grown more aggressive and confrontational.
“This is a response to their lack of responsible behaviour,” BBC quoted Los Angeles City Councilman Dennis Zine, who has organised the meeting, as saying.
Earlier this year, Zine put forward a plan to create a “personal safety zone” around celebrities, which according to the police officials would be virtually unenforceable.
Also, he recommended that the paparazzi should be legitimised by giving credentials and clear rules.
Mayor Pamela Conley Ulich said that many residents in Malibu have complained about the behaviour of photographers, which included high-speed car chases and lurking outside schools.
Recently, actress Halle Berry accused a photographer of trespassing on her property just to get some pictures of her with her four-month-old daughter.
In fact, in June, a group of surfers in Malibu had a fight with photographers who were trying to take shots of Matthew McConaughey on the waves.
This month, police caught two photographers lingering near Britney Spears” home.
“As it stands today, the sheriff’’s department is confident and comfortable that the laws that exist provide enough to ensure the safety and security of residents,” said a spokesman for Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca. (ANI)
- Bieber fined for speeding - Jul 07, 2012
- Unwelcomed guest at Halle Berry's home - Jul 12, 2011
- Surfers attack paparazzi bothering Matthew McConaughey - Jun 23, 2008
- McConaughey's kids excited about new baby - Jul 26, 2012
- McConaughey took home 'Magic Mike' costumes - Jul 10, 2012
- Jessica Simpson steps up security after paparazzi scare - Mar 25, 2012
- Mcconaughey voted Hollywood's sexiest dad - Jun 16, 2012
- U.S. police re-open investigation into 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood - Nov 18, 2011
- Skeletal Remains Of Mitrice Richardson Found In Malibu - Aug 13, 2010
- LAs top cop rejects call for law to curb paparazzi - Aug 02, 2008
- Wearing thong was daunting task for McConaughey - Jul 11, 2012
- Gibson goes Greek after Grigorieva - Jun 20, 2011
- Nicole Kidman to work in 'The Paperboy' - Jun 29, 2011
- McConaughey said no to 'bachelor party' - Jul 09, 2012
- Jennifer Aniston, Matthew McConaughey have 'Best Beach Bodies' - Sep 11, 2010
Tags: actress halle berry, angeles city, beverly hills hollywood, britney spears, car chases, dennis zine, halle berry, hollywood stars, legal reins, los angeles city councilman, los angeles county, los angeles county sheriff, matthew mcconaughey, personal safety, police officials, responsible behaviour, safety zone, sheriff lee, speed car, ulich