Kym Marsh summoned to court for fly tippingJuly 16th, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 16 (THANDIAN NEWS) Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has been dragged to court for fly-tipping. The 36-year-old star claims that she is the victim of a scam.
According to her, she paid someone to get rid of the rubbish from her home during a recent renovation. She denied having any knowledge that the rubbish was dumped on the roadside. Notwithstanding the mother-of-three will have to do the explanation to the court when she appears before it.
Health officials launched an investigation when they found the rubbish abandoned along a roadside. Investigators found scripts from Coronation Street and they traced it to the actress’s home.
Spokesperson for the actress told reporters that, “Kym paid someone in good faith to remove the rubbish which had accumulated as a result of work on the house. She didn’t think any more of it until she heard from Salford council, who wanted to speak to her about rubbish dumped on the roadside. She immediately went straight to the council and explained what had happened and was told that if she didn’t hear anything within six weeks that would be the end of it. This is the first she knew about the court summons.”
She has been charged with failing to secure the transfer of her waste. She is scheduled to appear before the Manchester magistrate court where she faces a fine if found guilty.
- Kym Marsh jumps to Brooke Vincent's defense - Sep 13, 2011
- Kym Marsh released from hospital - Feb 15, 2011
- Kym Marsh back in the hospital - Feb 14, 2011
- Kym Marsh enjoys pre-marital bash - Jul 31, 2012
- I'm still single: Nargis Fakhri - Mar 26, 2012
- Helen Flanagan has a car accident - Nov 11, 2011
- Coronation Street's Michelle Keegan: I have good boobs - Dec 08, 2009
- Coronation Street star Kym Marsh named Celebrity Mum Of The Year - Nov 05, 2009
- British doctor kills self as lover weds in Pakistan - Aug 26, 2010
- Courteney Cox's daughter 'shows sign of acting' - Dec 29, 2011
- Chris Broad's wife committed suicide after failing battle with nerve disease - Sep 16, 2010
- Julianne Hough's dress at the Grammy Awards 2012 is a hit - Feb 13, 2012
- Carrie Underwood wore a Gomez-Gracia gown at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Kerry Katona dumped by her new boyfriend - Apr 27, 2011
- Winehouse's earliest song lyrics found in a stash of dumped school books - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: actress, coronation street, court summons, fly, good faith, health officials, investigators, kym marsh, london, magistrate court, old star, renovation, rubbish, salford council, scripts, six weeks, spokesperson, street star