Kylie Minogue wants to study againJune 18th, 2010 - 3:48 am ICT by IANS
London, June 18 (IANS) Pop singer Kylie Minogue wants to sign up for a university course because she didn’t get the chance to study after school due to her acting career.
“There’s a bit of me that wishes, even fantasises, that after finishing school I went to college and embraced a more academic route but I was straight out working,” express.co.uk reported Minogue as saying.
The “All I See” singer says that she may give up her career to study at university.
“I do sometimes feel that I could go down that route. What’s to say I don’t end up doing a stint at New York University? A lot of people do it and there’s that part of you that feels dissatisfied and is yearning to be fed. I would study photography. I would love to study art history,” she said.
Minogue, who is dating model Andres Velencoso, wants a scholar companion who can teach her.
“My ultimate, ultimate, ultimate fantasy would be to have a scholar companion. Someone always by my side to teach me, like in those movies about the Roman Empire. Maybe I should put out an ad, ‘Wanted: Scholar. Someone who knows everything about everything. Must be prepared to travel’,” Minogue said.
The 42-year-old started acting at the age of 11 and continued after finishing school. She shot to fame at the age of 18, when she bagged the role of Charlene in Australian soap “Neighbours”. She also launched a successful pop career with hits like “Locomotion”.
Her 11th album, “Aphrodite”, is set for release next month. It is her first studio album in three years, since her 2007 release “X”.
- Kylie Minogue wants to study - Jun 17, 2010
- Kylie Minogue transforms into Greek goddess for new album - Jun 12, 2010
- Kylie's boyfriend unfazed by her emotional breakdown - Jun 21, 2010
- Kylie considers retirement after every tour - Feb 27, 2011
- Kylie Minogue wants to elope with beau - Jul 02, 2010
- Kylie Minogue plans to start a family - Feb 18, 2010
- Kylie inspires me: Paris Hilton - Jul 29, 2010
- Kylie Minogue debuts album at NY gay club - Jun 07, 2010
- Kylie Minogue finds Lady Gaga's fashion choices 'outlandish' - Jul 21, 2010
- I feel right with Velencoso: Kylie Minogue - Jan 28, 2012
- Kylie Minogue 'is let down by release of new album Aphrodite' - Mar 07, 2011
- Spanish lover 'dumps' Kylie Minogue - Jun 02, 2010
- Minogue nominated for ARIA awards - Sep 29, 2010
- Kylie for low-key marriage - Jun 22, 2010
- Minogue meets sick children - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: acting career, andres velencoso, aphrodite, art history, australian soap, charlene, companion, express co, fantasy, finishing school, kylie minogue, london, neighbours, new york university, photography, pop career, pop singer, roman empire, scholar, stint