Kylie Minogue transforms into Greek goddess for new albumJune 12th, 2010 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, June 12 (ANI): Perfecting every character - a girl next door, a fashion plate and a club minx - with a style of her own, Kylie Minogue is back with a bang in a new avatar for her new album
The Australian pop star has transformed herself into the character of the Greek goddess of love, beauty and sexuality, Aphrodite, for the launch of her album of the same name.
The sexy lead single, ‘All the Lovers’, officially released this week, already popular with fans.
Rumour has it that she may even tour Australia to promote the album.
“For me, the most exciting part of this is still performing and the energy from that . . . I really want to do a festival,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Minogue as saying.
The star claims her inspiration for one great makeover after another is Madonna.
“Madonna’s the queen of pop, I’m the princess.
“I’m quite happy with that. Her huge influence on the world, in pop and fashion, meant that I wasn’t immune to the trends she created. But in the beginning, she made it difficult for artists like me; she had done everything there was to be done.”
Minogue rocked the stage with her earlier makeovers in ‘Confide in Me’, and ‘I Should Be So Lucky’ and she admits that they came out as an expression of how she felt at the time.
“If I parallel my private life to my career, there’s a reason for all of those changes,” she said.
“I was the girl next door, then I was rebelling, then I was vamping it up. It’s all what I was feeling at the time. I can be a little embarrassed about it but that’s part of growing up in public.”
Minogue describes her new album ‘Aphrodite’ as ‘euphoric pop’.
“It is a very lean album,” she said.
“There is nothing spare, nothing unnecessary and absolutely no fat at all. My favourite song is Aphrodite, the title track. There’s a lyric about me being fierce, which I like.” (ANI)
- Kylie tops UK album chart again 22yrs after first number one - Jul 12, 2010
- Kylie Minogue 'is let down by release of new album Aphrodite' - Mar 07, 2011
- Family not upset with leaked video: Mia Uyeda - Mar 16, 2012
- Kylie Minogue finds Lady Gaga's fashion choices 'outlandish' - Jul 21, 2010
- Kylie Minogue can't wait to tour again - Dec 12, 2010
- Kylie Minogue debuts album at NY gay club - Jun 07, 2010
- Kylie Minogue wants to study again - Jun 18, 2010
- Kissing Madonna was good: Minaj - Dec 10, 2011
- My songs are not 'unsexy': Kylie - Aug 09, 2010
- Kylie Minogue a hit for decades - Jul 13, 2010
- Criticism 'cuts like a knife', admits Kylie - Jul 13, 2010
- Minogue wants to duet with Spears - Mar 29, 2011
- Madonna returns to studio to record new album - Jul 06, 2011
- There's an element of me in Gaga: Kylie - Jun 15, 2010
- Kylie Minogue breaks down as she talks of traumatic cancer battle - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: aphrodite, australian pop star, avatar, club minx, fashion plate, favourite song, girl next door, goddess of love, greek goddess of love, kylie minogue, launch, madonna, makeover, makeovers, morning herald, new album, private life, queen of pop, sexuality, sydney morning herald