Kylie Minogue suffering from cancer drug side-effectsSeptember 13th, 2010 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 12 (IANS) Singer Kylie Minogue, who successfully recovered from breast cancer five years ago, says she still suffers from the side effects of cancer medication.
The Australian crooner says she will be relieved when she quits her treatment next year.
Minogue underwent surgery and chemotherapy when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, but is still taking drugs to ensure the disease doesn’t return, reports contactmusic.com.
“Trust me, I have been in floods of tears at my oncologist, saying, ‘I can’t stand it, get me off this stuff!’ And then he will become very stern and say, ‘We have to cure you. So you have to carry on with it because it works’,” she said.
“I’ll finish early next year and that will be amazing, but I’ve also heard you can feel quite insecure when you first come off it because you have relied on this medication for so long. It’s going to be a big adjustment,” she added.
- Kylie Minogue still taking cancer treatment medicines - Sep 13, 2010
- Kylie Minogue Struggling with Cancer drug side effects - Sep 14, 2010
- Kylie feels she's back to pre-cancer best - Dec 06, 2010
- Pop singer Kylie Minogue is upset over her ongoing cancer treatment - Sep 15, 2010
- Kenya concerned over rising breast cancer cases - Jan 13, 2012
- Kylie Minogue receives doctorate - Oct 06, 2011
- Kylie Minogue happy to gain weight after chemo - Aug 13, 2010
- Kylie Minogue not happy all the time - Aug 07, 2012
- Cancer patients hope for children - with fertility preservation (Feature) - Mar 20, 2012
- Minogue promotes Cancer awareness with saucy snap - Mar 30, 2010
- Gurgaon doctor offers free cancer treatment (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Kylie Minogue wants children, may adopt - Feb 23, 2011
- Performing on stage was a challenge: Kylie - Jun 19, 2010
- UK breast surgeon faces probe after 'cleavage-saving' op leaves cancer behind - Feb 18, 2011
- India witnessing rise in pancreatic cancer, say doctors - Oct 06, 2011