Kylie Minogue receives doctorateOctober 6th, 2011 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 6 (IANS) Singer Kylie Minogue has been awarded an honorary doctorate in recognition for her work promoting breast cancer awareness.
The 43-year-old, who was diagnosed with the disease in 2005, accepted an honorary Doctor of Health Sciences award from Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford, Essex.
“I never went to university so my dad will be very proud when he sees the pictures,” contactmusic.com quoted Minogue as saying.
“I am here partly for the work I do promoting breast cancer awareness. When you are diagnosed yourself it becomes a lot more real and you appreciate at first hand the hard work that goes on to support patients through it,” she added.
- Dannii Minogue gets honorary doctorate - Nov 11, 2011
- Minogue promotes Cancer awareness with saucy snap - Mar 30, 2010
- Kylie Minogue suffering from cancer drug side-effects - Sep 13, 2010
- Kylie feels she's back to pre-cancer best - Dec 06, 2010
- Kylie Minogue not happy all the time - Aug 07, 2012
- Kylie Minogue Struggling with Cancer drug side effects - Sep 14, 2010
- Kylie Minogue still taking cancer treatment medicines - Sep 13, 2010
- Cancer is like facing darkness: Minogue - Jun 26, 2010
- Performing on stage was a challenge: Kylie - Jun 19, 2010
- Kylie Minogue happy to gain weight after chemo - Aug 13, 2010
- Minogue likes creative, humourous men - Feb 16, 2012
- Kylie Minogue 'to celebrate beating breast cancer with charity concert' - Jul 18, 2010
- Kylie Minogue to tell all about cancer ordeal on Jonathan Ross show - Jun 17, 2010
- Preity Zinta, Zeenat Aman to celebrate woman power in Dubai - Apr 06, 2011
- Minogue feels romance not easy - Jun 03, 2012