Kylie Minogue not happy all the timeAugust 7th, 2012 - 3:50 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) Singer-actress Kylie Minogue accepts she is blessed to have such an incredible career but admits she can become frustrated. She loved exploring her darker side in new film “Holy Motors”.
“No one’s shiny and happy all the time. There are other sides of me that an experience like this has allowed me to explore,” contactmusic.com quoted Minogue as saying.
“My persona is ‘Kylie’. As soon as I step out of my house I have that projection of me. But that isn’t necessarily who I am. What face do I show?,” she said.
In 2005, the 44-year-old was diagnosed with breast cancer and battling the disease left her so ill, she couldn’t even concentrate on watching a movie.
“Lots of friends sent me DVDs and I just said, ‘I can’t concentrate for a whole film.’ A trip to the shop for a drink was a massive excursion,” she added.
Her drive to beat the illness and get well again, stemmed from her desire to return to the stage.
“Possibly because I was diagnosed mid-tour, that was my goal, to get back and perform. I just realised that no, this is what I do, and I want to do it better than before,” she said.
- It's fun to change looks: Kylie Minogue - Mar 05, 2012
- Minogue wants to be an actor again - Jun 09, 2012
- Kylie feels she's back to pre-cancer best - Dec 06, 2010
- Kylie Minogue suffering from cancer drug side-effects - Sep 13, 2010
- Kylie Minogue wants to direct - Apr 11, 2011
- Kylie Minogue receives doctorate - Oct 06, 2011
- Secret to Kylie's sexy looks - great underwear! - Jan 31, 2011
- Jessie J to show pain in next album - Dec 28, 2011
- Minogue sports short hair in movie - Aug 03, 2012
- Kylie Minogue wants children, may adopt - Feb 23, 2011
- Minogue wants to do musical - Dec 25, 2010
- Gomez wants to focus on acting career - Dec 18, 2011
- Kylie Minogue breaks down as she talks of traumatic cancer battle - Mar 07, 2011
- I was destined to be a star: Kylie Minogue - Jun 17, 2012
- Kylie Minogue still taking cancer treatment medicines - Sep 13, 2010