Kylie Minogue ‘is let down by release of new album Aphrodite’March 7th, 2011 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 7 (ANI): Kylie Minogue has openly said that she feels very disappointed with the way her new album ‘Aphrodite’ has turned out.
The Aussie singer admits she was disappointed by the chart performance of her most recent singles, ‘Get Outta My Way’ and ‘Better Than Today’.
“I felt a little let down with my releases from Aphrodite. I was caught out like a lot of artists were, with record companies figuring out how to do single releases these days,” the Age quoted her as saying.
“I remember doing a promo for one of the last singles and it just felt really old-fashioned. I’m pretty computer-savvy, something didn’t feel right, but no one said anything to me.”
And after having seen the success of Britney Spears and Lady Gaga’s latest songs, Minogue wants label bosses to let her fans download her tracks on the same day they hit airwaves.
“You get Britney releasing Hold It Against Me and Gaga’s Born This Way available on iTunes the day you hear it first. That’s how it should be. And there’s me waiting for a mid-week chart figure like it’s 1989. I was a bit disappointed by that. I didn’t know how to gauge the success of the singles. How do you measure it now?” (ANI)
- Taylor Swift beats Lady Gaga record and sets new iTunes Record - Aug 15, 2012
- Britney Spears' new single tops the iTunes charts - Jan 12, 2011
- Kanye West in Twitter rant against Britney - Jan 16, 2011
- Minogue's benchmark for Gaga - Feb 22, 2011
- Britney Spears will not perform at Grammy Awards, says rep - Jan 12, 2011
- Kylie Minogue debuts album at NY gay club - Jun 07, 2010
- There's an element of me in Gaga: Kylie - Jun 15, 2010
- Kylie Minogue can't wait to tour again - Dec 12, 2010
- Did Lady Gaga become bankrupt with her latest tour? - May 31, 2011
- Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' tops iTunes singles charts - Jan 13, 2011
- Marisa Tomei 'thrilled' with Lady Gaga's request - Mar 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga gifts a sheep to Jonathan Ross - Oct 12, 2011
- What Will Be Britney Spears’ Performance At Grammy Awards? - Jan 12, 2011
- 10 dumbest gaffes celebs made in 2010 - Dec 18, 2010
- Lady Gaga 'shock tactics' in new song Judas upsets Catholic leaders - Apr 17, 2011