‘Kyaa Super Kool…’ not for high-brows, says EktaJuly 10th, 2012 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) Unapologetic about her forthcoming production “Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum”, Ekta Kapoor says that people with “pristine sensibilities” should stay away from it.
“I am not going to give any justification to anyone. Those who don’t like it, sorry, but if you like it, we love you. It took us seven years to gather the guts to make ‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum’,” the 37-year-old said here Monday while promoting the film at a radio station.
“We are not bothered about anyone. Yes, I do worry about going to jail or being killed, otherwise nothing,” she added.
“Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum” is a sequel to Ekta’s 2005 film “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum”.
Ekta has a set target audience in mind for her film that hits theatres July 27 and cautions others against watching it.
“If you are a fuddy-duddy and have very pristine sensibilities, please don’t watch it because it’s not for you. It’s for the masses, for youngsters. It’s actually for those who loved part one and enjoyed that mad humour. It’s not for the high-brows, the tight-asses. If you are one of those, please don’t come,” said Ekta who turned to film production with “Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta” in 2001.
On whether the Indian audience was going to lap up a film like “Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum”, Ekta said: “It’s an adult-comedy. We had a ‘Delhi Belly’ last year. It clearly shows India has got a sense of humour now. We are OK with adult jokes because we crack them in our everyday lives. It would not go down the cheap road.”
The film stars Riteish Deshmukh and Tusshar Kapoor in the lead while Neha Sharma and Sarah Jane Dias play the female leads.
- Riteish embarrassed of his act in 'Kya Super...' - Jul 02, 2012
- May do another sequel, says 'Kyaa Super Kool...' director - Aug 01, 2012
- Ekta overwhelmed by response to 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Aug 01, 2012
- Adult comedy or musical drama - what's your pick this Friday? (IANS Preview) - Jul 24, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor again unhappy with censors - Jul 22, 2012
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- Children should stay away from 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Kya Super Kool...' earns Rs.7.12 crore on opening day - Jul 28, 2012
- Now Tusshar's turn to flaunt six-pack - Mar 26, 2012
- Spoof not aimed at Bhansali's 'Devdas': Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Aalaap' director not scared of 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Jul 24, 2012
- Ekta to visit Fatehpur Sikri, pray for 'Kya Super...' success - Jun 30, 2012
- I'm sad if a good film flops: Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- Audiences yet to trust my banner: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 26, 2012
- Sex comedy in B-town: Audiences ready, censors alert - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: adult comedy, adult jokes, audience in mind, bolta, brows, delhi belly, ekta, everyday lives, forthcoming production, fuddy duddy, going to jail, indian audience, kii, kyaa, neha sharma, riteish deshmukh, sense of humour, target audience, tight asses, tusshar kapoor