Kushal Punjabi to do cameos in Rishta.com, Gutur guMarch 13th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
March 13, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):He’s heartbroken after his split with girlfriend Meghna Naidu but a busy work schedule is enabling Kushal Punjabi to ride through the emotional times. Presently, Punjabi has got his hands full with business interests yet he’s managed to pick up cameo roles on TV. The actor will be making episodic appearance in Yash Raj TV’s Rishta.com and Fireworks Productions’ Gutur gu.
Talking about his role in Rishta.com, Punjabi says, “I’m playing the character of Uday, a prospective groom who approaches Rishta.com to find his match. However, he’s not impressed with the girls introduced to him as he finds all of them very weird. Finally he settles down for a simple and superstitious girl. Uday is not all superstitious and in the end he manages to convince his bride that superstitions needn’t be given much importance.”
As for the silent comedy Gutur Gur, Punjabi, surprisingly, had plenty to say.
“Though it’s a silent comedy, I can talk about my character. Well, I don’t have a name but I’m a childhood friend of Balu Kumar (Sunil Grover), who often recites tales of our friendship. However, years later when we meet again, I simply don’t acknowledge Balu’s presence. This takes place at a party. My dance captures the imagination of Balu’s family which further irks my friend. I develop a liking for Balu’s wife. Seeing this, Balu vows to take revenge. It’s for the first time that I’m part of a silent comedy. Here it’s your expression and the body language that speak for you. I really enjoyed the experience,” Punjabi sighed.
Coming to business, the model-actor had opened his pub, Watering hole, three months ago and has set up his import-export business.
“The last 6-7 months have been very hectic and as setting up such business consumes lot of your time. Fortunately, the response to my two ventures has been fine. The likes of Ekta Kapoor, Vipul Shah have already paid few visits to my pub. From hereon, I’ll be devoting more time towards my business activities but I certainly won’t be giving up on acting,” concludes the actor.
Professionally, he’s scoring many points but we hope that Punjabi scores a point or two in his personal life too.
- Jugal Hansraj back to acting, but on small screen - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Bunty Aur Babli' in English to be quirkier - Jul 25, 2012
- India gets its 'Mr.Bean' in actor Sunil Grover - Feb 23, 2010
- Hasselhoff wants to gift pub to girlfriend - May 27, 2012
- Get ready for laughs in silent Gutur Gu - Feb 23, 2010
- Taylor Kitsch's dietary advice - Mar 04, 2012
- Who Replaced Sunil Grover In 'Gutur Gu'? - Aug 17, 2010
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- Punjabi industry lacks cinema knowledge, says comedian Ghuggi - Oct 06, 2011
- Uday Chopra's Saturday woes (Movie Snippets) - Oct 22, 2011
- I've a crush on Rihanna: Jessie J - Oct 18, 2011
- Shruti Gets Nasty In Bhansali's Next 'My Friend Pinto' - Sep 08, 2010
- Uday's acting takes backseat, production in focus - Jul 25, 2012
- Producer's job toughest: Jimmy Sheirgill - May 01, 2012
- The Rock loves action roles - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: 7 months, balu, body language, business interests, cameo roles, cameos, childhood friend, emotional times, gur, import export business, meghna naidu, prospective groom, punjabi, raj tv, rishta com, silent comedy, sunil, superstitions, watering hole, yash raj