‘Kuselan’ re-edited to please Rajnikant fansAugust 15th, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 15 (IANS) With an eye on the box office and to please miffed fans of superstar Rajnikant, controversial portions of the Tamil film “Kuselan” have been edited out. “Director P. Vasu and Rajnikant seriously analysed the reason behind film’s poor box office performance. Some portions that irritated the fans were requested to be snipped off and it has been done,” Satyanarayana, the actor’s fan club president, told IANS.
The fans were miffed with the sequence where Sunderrajan questions the actor’s rationale behind keeping off politics and romancing young heroines.
Rajnikant, who plays himself in “Kuselan”, gives noncommittal answers regarding his political ambitions and bluntly asks critics objecting to his romancing with young heroines to mind their own business.
“While family audiences are coming back to cinemas to see ‘Kuselan’ again, the trend has shown that the venture will fulfil minimum guarantee clauses of the exhibitors. The film is doing extremely well in Andhra Pradesh and Kerala,” stated a press release from its distributor Pyramid Saimira.
Earlier reports had said that the movie fared badly all over - especially in Karnataka where it was released after some tense moments due to opposition to Rajnikant’s open support to the controversial Hogenekkal Drinking Water Supply Project to benefit Tamil Nadu.
Rajnikant’s decision to please his viewers from Karnataka had drawn derision from Tamil Nadu - resulting in a lose-lose proposition for the film, according to film industry watchers.
- Pyramid Saimira agrees to compensate theatres for 'Kuselan' losses - Nov 20, 2008
- 'Kuselan' fiasco continues to affect Tamil filmdom - Nov 14, 2008
- Vasu remaking Kannada hit 'Aaptha Rakshaka' in Telugu - Apr 11, 2010
- Rajnikant to compensate Rs.100 mn to "Kuselan" distributors - Aug 18, 2008
- Pyramid Saimira says most 'Kuselan' distributors compensated (Lead) - Nov 20, 2008
- Rajnikant finds support from sections of Tamil filmdom - Aug 04, 2008
- Rajnikant to compensate Rs.100 mn to 'Kuselan' distributors (Lead) - Aug 19, 2008
- Rajnikant qualifies apology to Karnataka - Aug 02, 2008
- Rajnikant to head own fan club association - Nov 18, 2008
- 'Kuselan' dispute resolved, Rajnikant agrees to pay more - Sep 07, 2008
- Rajnikanth's 'Kuselan' gets nod for Karnataka release - Jul 27, 2008
- Will Rajni energise fan clubs after lacklustre 'Kuselan'? - Aug 24, 2008
- Barbers out to nick bruised 'Kuselan' further - Aug 28, 2008
- Sri Lanka fighting continues to dominate Tamil tinsel town - Nov 20, 2008
- Rajnikant apologises to Kannada activists for remarks - Aug 01, 2008
Tags: box office, clauses, derision, drinking water supply, exhibitors, family audiences, fan club president, film industry, karnataka, minimum guarantee, office performance, opposition, own business, political ambitions, pyramid saimira, rationale, tamil film, tense moments, vasu, water supply project