Kurt Cobain detested Axl RoseAugust 20th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 20 (ANI): Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain really detested Guns N” Roses frontman Axl Rose, according to record business eminence Danny Goldberg.
In his memoir, Bumping Into Geniuses, Goldberg has revealed that when Rose asked to meet Cobain backstage after a show, Kurt refused.
“Rose had the kind of macho rock persona that Kurt detested,” the New Daily News quoted Goldberg, as stating in the book.
Even Cobain’’s wife, Courtney Love, was not keen on getting to know Rose’’s then-girlfriend, Victoria’’s Secret stunner Stephanie Seymour.
Goldberg, who served as president of Atlantic Records, Warner Bros. Records and Mercury Records, said that promoters tried to launch a tour with Nirvana, Metallica and Guns N” Roses.
“There was a lot of money on the table. Kurt really liked Metallica,” Goldberg said.
However, there wasn”t enough money in the world to get him to share a stage with that other band, he added. (ANI)
- Love dreams of marrying rich man - Oct 17, 2011
- Jon Stewart all set to interview Nirvana's surviving members - Aug 26, 2011
- Courtney Love dumped by boyfriend - Jun 29, 2011
- Drug overdose may kill my daughter: Courtney Love - Aug 09, 2010
- Stephanie Seymour Along With Husband Peter Brant Calls Off Their Divorce Proceedings - Sep 21, 2010
- Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in a new biopic - Apr 10, 2010
- Rumors Of Courtney Love Selling Of Nirvana Publishing Rights Go Round The Internet - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love's daughter legally free now - Aug 21, 2010
- Courtney Love Presented An Offer Of $162 Million For Nirvana Rights - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love offered $162 million for Nirvana's rights - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love reforms her band - Oct 16, 2009
- Courtney Love may sue over Kurt Cobain videogame - Sep 10, 2009
- Courtney Love settles Nirvana lawsuit - Aug 18, 2010
- Axl Rose falls onstage - Oct 21, 2011
- Courtney Love's restraining order extended - Feb 14, 2010