Kuno Becker stars in science fiction thrillerJanuary 25th, 2012 - 11:24 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Jan 25 (IANS/EFE) Mexican actor Kuno Becker is set to present his latest film, the science fiction thriller “La ultima muerte” (The last death), a story that deals with controversial issues like the death penalty and organ cloning in a futuristic context.
After spending a decade in Hollywood, Becker is returning to the Mexican silver screen “captivated” by this project, directed by compatriot David Ruiz, a.k.a. “Letxe”, a well-known director of music videos who has worked with Miguel Bose, Ricardo Arjona, Alejandra Guzman and Benny Ibarra.
“I try to work where I feel they’re offering me a good story,” said the actor Tuesday in discussing his role in “La ultima muerte” as Christian, a young man who suffers from amnesia and is being sought by the police on suspicion of murder.
The film will make its debut in Mexico this Friday and is expected to be screened in other countries in Latin America, the US and Spain in the coming months.
Becker began his career in 1996 in the soap opera “Te sigo amando”. In 2003 he tried his hand at filmmaking with “La hija del canibal”, where he shared top billing with Argentina’s Cecilia Roth.
Since then, he has participated in films such as “Imagining Argentina” (2003), “English as a Second Language” (2005) and in television series like “House, M.D.” and “CSI: Miami”.
- Mexican film fest begins Monday in Hong Kong - May 02, 2011
- Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes is dead - May 16, 2012
- Alejandra Guzman marks 20 years in music - Aug 10, 2011
- Mexican filmmakers call for more diverse domestic cinema - Apr 27, 2012
- Spanish actress to work again with Almodovar - Jun 06, 2012
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
- List of 50 most beautiful Latinos released - Apr 26, 2011
- Journalist gunned down in Mexico - Jan 09, 2012
- Greenpeace launches campaign against Mexican resort project - Mar 15, 2012
- Dominican merengue veterans get ready to release new album - Jul 28, 2011
- Mexican Supreme Court official held for links to drug cartel - Aug 13, 2012
- Gerardo Ortiz tops Billboard Latin Albums chart - Sep 16, 2011
- Mexico sets record for largest folk dance performance - Sep 05, 2011
- Fiction TV should reflect reality: Mexican producer - Oct 09, 2011
- Five slain at Mexican hospital - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: alejandra guzman, cecilia roth, compatriot, controversial issues, countries in latin america, csi miami, david ruiz, english as a second language, imagining argentina, kuno becker, la hija del canibal, mexican actor, mexican silver, miguel bose, organ cloning, ricardo arjona, science fiction thriller, soap opera, suspicion of murder, top billing