Kunis urges youngsters take interest in politicsSeptember 7th, 2011 - 8:12 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 7 (IANS) Actress Mila Kunis is urging youngsters to take keen interest in politics.
The 28-year-old star, who is a staunch supporter of President Barack Obama, says it’s “crazy” that youngsters in the US “don’t educate themselves about the world”.
She urges them to read book, newspaper and learn about current affairs - for the sake of their own children, reports contactmusic.com.
“Yes (I’m frustrated), because you are given such an amazing opportunity with so much information. Why is no-one taking advantage of it? You don’t have to watch Fox News or CNN or MSNBC; you don’t have to be part of a political party, you could just read. Why is nobody reading? I feel like, in our generation, people don’t read,” Kunis told Stylist magazine.
“They don’t read books, they don’t read the paper, they don’t read the news. So obviously you are incredibly ill-informed to the point where they will go do these tests in Middle America… And they’ll ask, ‘OK, what party are you?’ And they’ll say, ‘Republican’. ‘Why?’ And they can’t even tell you. They have no idea what the Republican Party stands for.
“It’s crazy to me that people don’t educate themselves about the world considering so many of them have children who are going to suffer because of it,” she added.
- I get nervous on dates: Mila Kunis - Jul 26, 2012
- I have no shame: Kunis - Jul 20, 2012
- Kunis not dating Kutcher - Jul 05, 2012
- Mila Kunis doesn't take awards ceremonies too seriously - Jan 16, 2011
- I was not popular with guys: Mila Kunis - Jul 19, 2012
- Mila doesn't consider herself sexy - Aug 22, 2011
- Kunis won't quit 'Family Guy' - May 30, 2012
- Kunis wants to have children - Jul 20, 2012
- Kunis, Kutcher caught in lip-lock? - Jul 23, 2012
- Kunis glad to have avoided child stardom - Jul 30, 2012
- Dior makes me feel good, says Mila Kunis - Jul 06, 2012
- Casual sex is 'bad idea', says Justin Timberlake - Apr 28, 2011
- Kunis, Portman did not drink before shoot - Nov 15, 2010
- Taylor Swift urges schoolchildren to read - Oct 29, 2010
- Don't want to work for sake of working: Mila Kunis - Feb 07, 2011