Kunal Roy Kapur’s next will be a directorial ventureJuly 13th, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 13 (IANS) Kunal Roy Kapur, one among the trio in the recent hit “Delhi Belly”, is awed by the response the adult comedy has received, but says his next won’t be an acting assignment as he is keen to direct now.
Produced by Aamir Khan Productions and directed by adman Abhinay Deo, “Delhi Belly” also stars Imran Khan and Vir Das.
“Even after a week, it hasn’t sunk in as yet. Honestly, most of us don’t know how to react to it. We are at awe of the reaction,” Kunal told IANS.
“I am hoping to direct a little more as I was directing in the past. My next project would be as a director. I am in talks with few producers and hopefully would start by end of this year,” added the actor-director who made his directorial debut with the “The President Is Coming” in 2009.
With Siddharth Roy Kapur, producer and chief executive officer of UTV Motion Pictures being his elder brother, it was assumed he would produce the film but Kunal rules out that option.
“I am not approaching him (Siddharth). We don’t operate that way. We try to keep our personal relations and professional life as separate as possible. We do all things on our own,” said the 28-year-old.
“I am honestly more interested in directing. When really good roles come in my way, and I like it very much, then only I would go for acting,” said Kunal, who made his debut as an actor in the TV soap “Just Mohabbat” in 2000.
Did he expect “Delhi Belly” to be such a grand success?
“When we were shooting the movie, we expected it to be much smaller than what it is today. We thought of it to be a niche sort of English film you know, with little bit of Hindi, but the film has kind of transcended that. In major metros, we have bilingual kind of society, which really worked in favour of the film.”
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' language might offend some: Director - May 16, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' for adults, but there is no skin show: Aamir Khan - May 13, 2011
- Siddharth signs David Dhawan's next (Movie Snippets) - Jul 01, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' adult tag Aamir's publicity gimmick: Mahesh Bhatt - Jun 28, 2011
- No plans for 'Delhi Belly' sequel: Aamir Khan - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' now in Tamil, shooting starts May 7 - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Delhi Belly' budget on higher side, I'm worried: Aamir - May 13, 2011
- Imran Khan wants Katrina for 'Delhi Belly' item number (With images) - May 17, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan Turns Narrator For Aamir Khan’s Delhi Belly - Dec 31, 2010
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' item number situational, not promotional: Aamir (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- High heels in 'Delhi Belly', a nightmare for Vir Das - Jun 19, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' was Imran's after four screen tests - Jun 24, 2011
- Aamir throws a bash to celebrate 'DK Bose' success - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, adman, adult comedy, awe, chief executive officer, delhi belly, directorial debut, directorial venture, elder brother, english film, favour, grand success, imran khan, kunal, metros, personal relations, professional life, tv soap, utv motion pictures, vir