Kunal Kemmu excited for grandfather’s Padma Shri gloryJanuary 25th, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) Actor Kunal Kemmu is on cloud nine after learning that his grandfather and playwright Moti Lal Kemmu will be conferred the Padma Shri, the country’s fourth highest civilian honour, for his contribution in the field of theatre.
“Just got a great news - my grandfather Shree Moti Lal Kemmu is going to be awarded with a Padma Shri for his work in theatre and literature,” an excited Kunal wrote on his Twitter page.
Some of the senior Kemmu’s popular works include “Teen Asangati Aikanki”, “Lal Drayas Lol Re”, “Trunove”, “Tshai”, “Natak Truche” and “Tota Tol Aina”. Many of his plays have been translated and produced in Hindi.
He has also been actively involved in preserving the age-old, dying folk theatre of Kashmir.
- Habib Tanvir's contribution to Indian theatre now in a book - Sep 01, 2012
- Satyadev Dubey's theatre brought fierce Indianness to stage (Obituary) - Dec 25, 2011
- 22 Padma Shris for art - Jan 25, 2012
- At 86, Badal Sircar frenziedly writes, reads plays - Mar 10, 2011
- Maharashtra gets lion's share of Padma awards 2012 - Jan 26, 2012
- PM condoles demise of noted playwright Habib Tanvir - Jun 08, 2009
- Bengal's tallest stage icon passes away at 85 - May 15, 2011
- Rajasthan's 'Shakespeare' elated over Nobel chance - Oct 05, 2011
- Noted playwright Habib Tanvir dead - Jun 08, 2009
- Mario Miranda, Bhupen Hazarika in Padma honours list (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Noted playwright Habib Tanvir passes away - Jun 08, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi mourns Habib Tanvir's death - Jun 08, 2009
- Bollywood salutes A.K. Hangal - Aug 26, 2012
- Neil Nitin Mukesh loses his iPhone! (Movie Snippets) - Jun 09, 2012
- List of the Padma awardees - Jan 25, 2011