Kunal Kapoor calls ‘Doga’ his ambitious projectDecember 29th, 2011 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) After Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan, it is Kunal Kapoor’s turn to play a superhero in Anurag Kashyap’s “Doga” — and he says the film is an ambitious project.
“‘Doga’ is a really ambitious project and the script is being worked on… It will take a while before it finally takes off. When I was offered the role, I thought I might not be the right choice for it, but then I accepted it because it was very interesting,” Kunal told IANS.
“Doga” is a comic book character. The story is about Suraj, an orphan brought up by Daku Halkan Singh who treats him like a dog. To seek revenge, Suraj becomes Doga and hides his identity behind a dog mask. He’s a one-man army against organised crime.
The 34-year-old, who is gymming religiously to sport a bulkier look for the role, doesn’t believe in crash diets to attain a particular body type.
“Well, honestly I don’t believe in crash diets or other fads… I think if you are working towards a body type, you need to give yourself enough time and set realistic goals, so that you don’t have to do anything that will harm your body,” he added.
The 34-year-old, who got recognition after his acclaimed performance in the hit film “Rang De Basanti”, went on to do films like “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag”, “Aaja Nachle”, “Bachna Ae Haseeno” and “Lamha”, among others.
Meanwhile, the actor, last seen in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer “Don 2: The King Is Back”, is currently shooting for the movie “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana”.
“We live in a country obsessed with food, yet ironically, we have never made a film about food. This is a film about a large Punjabi joint family, and a magical recipe that goes missing. It’s a family entertainer, but it has enough twists and turns and pushes the boundaries enough, for even someone like Anurag Kashyap to be interested. It’s our spin on the family entertainer,” he said.
- I'm excited to play the role of superhero: Kunal Kapoor - Jun 05, 2010
- UTV, Kashyap team up again for comedy - Nov 14, 2011
- Aamir gives Kunal Kapoor bodybuilding tips for Doga - Aug 01, 2009
- For Anurag, performance more important than looks: Huma Qureshi - Jun 14, 2012
- If I make a 'Rowdy Rathore', it'll be a flop: Kashyap - Jun 13, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor's 'Luv Shuv Tey...' to come out in November (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2012
- Response to "Don 2" better than expected: Kunal Kapoor - Dec 23, 2011
- Shah Rukh and I are likeminded: Kunal Kapoor - Mar 13, 2011
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor from short roles to short films? - Apr 10, 2009
- Small films bigger than Rs.100 crore grossers: Priyanka - Jun 19, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor learns to fly, sing, and run fast - all for movies (With Images) - Jun 27, 2010
- Anurag Kashyap postpones big budget 'Doga' - Feb 13, 2009
- I haven't replaced Arjun in 'Don 2': Kunal Kapoor - Aug 28, 2010
- VIDYA BALAN AND I HAVE HAD NO SPAT ALL -- PRADEEP SARKAR - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: aaja nachle, ambitious project, anurag kashyap, boundaries, chunari, comic book character, crash diets, fads, family entertainer, hrithik roshan, kunal kapoor, magical recipe, man army, New Delhi, orphan, realistic goals, right choice, shah rukh khan, superhero, twists