‘Kulir 100′: same old drill, avoidable (Tamil Film Review)June 7th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Kulir 100″; Direction: Anita Udeep; Cast: Sanjeev, Aditya, Riya; Music: Bobo Sasi; Cinematography: L.K. Vijay; Rating: * 1/2
Meant to be translated ‘Cold 100′ about reforming of a teenaged brat-pack gone astray. The movie flounders meaninglessly with unconvincing incidents, and a central idea and cardboard cutout characters with more holes than Swiss cheese.
Surya (Sanjeev) studies in a public school in the Ooty to escape his rowdy father’s wayward ways. Surya practices non-violence even under the gravest provocations by his schoolmates.
A kind father-daughter duo of principal Vijay (Aditya) and Tanya (Riya) and a classmate Babloo (Bebo) support Surya till the third kid gets tragically murdered.
Though the film’s first half helps kill time but the second half makes one look for the exit long before the climax of the film.
While the visuals are okay and backed by an average musical score, the underdeveloped characters sink the film irretrievably.
- 'Bollywood Striptease' speaks the truth: Riya Sen - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Deivathirumagal' - a winner for its emotional appeal (Tamil Movie Review; Rating:***1/2) - Jul 16, 2011
- Riya Sen is a busy girl - Aug 26, 2009
- 'Kashmakash' mundane remake of Tagore novel (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - May 20, 2011
- 'Bindaas' busy in post-production works - Nov 05, 2009
- Striker: Is a good film - Feb 05, 2010
- Movie Review : Benny and Babloo (2010) - Oct 01, 2010
- Movie Preview: Rakta Charitra 2 - Dec 02, 2010
- Kay Kay Menon And Rajpal Yadav Play New Avatars In 'Benny And Babloo' - Jun 22, 2010
- Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey: A Must Watch For The Youth - Dec 03, 2010
- Veena, Riya may team for item number in 'Zindagi 50-50' - Jan 10, 2012
- Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image) - Aug 06, 2012
- Riya Sen makes debut on TV - Jan 15, 2010
- Will Shah Rukh Khan Say Yes To Dhoom 3? - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Velayutham' is special: Tamil star Vijay - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: anita, brat, cardboard cutout, central idea, cinematography, classmate, climax, father daughter, holes, music, musical score, ooty, provocations, schoolmates, second half, swiss cheese, tanya, vijay aditya, violence, visuals