‘Kuch Toh Log..’ set to recreate ‘Dhoop Kinare’ magic on TVSeptember 15th, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 15 (IANS) Pakistani TV series “Dhoop Kinare” was the rage on both sides of the border during the 1980s and Sony is trying to cash in on the popularity of the hospital rommance with its new show “Kuch Toh Log Kahenge”, an adaptation of the Rahat Kazmi and Marina Khan starrer.
The theme of “Kuch Toh Log Kahenge” is the same and so are the characters. While the role of Dr. Ahmer Ansari will be played by Mohnish Behl, TV actress Kritika Kamra will enact the role of Dr. Zoya.
Kamlesh Pandey, who scripted “Rang De Basanti”, is re-writing the script to strike a chord among audiences of both nations. He says the biggest challenge for the writer is to do justice to the characters and the story, which was originally scripted by Haseena Moin.
“I feel writing for television is the biggest challenge for any writer. And though I love TV so much, but off late, I was pained to see the kind of serials and reality shows that have flooded the small screen,” Pandey told IANS.
“When, I was offered to re-write this serial, I was in a fix. First, to adapt the storyline of a serial which has been appreciated so well is a task in itself. Secondly, to do justice to the original story of Haseenaji was the biggest challenge,” he added.
Promos of the show are already generating curiosity among people and Sneha Rajani of Sony Entertainment Television feels the show will help the channel to strengthen its position in the market.
“We are primarily focussing on fiction shows, but they have to be fresh and simple. So, after audiences accepted ‘Bade Acche Laggte Hai’ and ‘Saas Bina Sasural’, we wanted to further strengthen our position,” said Rajani, Sony’s senior executive vice president and business head.
Set in a hospital, “Kuch Toh Log…” is a love story of two doctors from two different generations - Ashutosh (Mohnish), a 38-year-old surgeon is married to his duty and is a disciplinarian, while Nidhi Verma (Kritika) is a 24-year-old carefree, jovial, MBBS graduate. The show depicts how they get attracted to each other but are unable to express their feelings because of the huge age difference.
The show premiers Oct 3 and it will run Monday to Friday at 8 p.m.
- TV excellent medium for writers: Kamlesh Pandey (Interview) - Oct 04, 2011
- Mohnish Bahl to quit 'Kuch Toh Log...' - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Kuch Toh Log..' shifted to late night slot - May 15, 2012
- Sharad Kelkar to replace Mohnish Behl in 'Kuch Toh...' - Mar 07, 2012
- Popular Hindi songs, now titles of TV shows - Jan 04, 2012
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- As India borrows Pakistani romance, one man recasts himself - Sep 16, 2011
- No more puppy love, romance matures on telly - Mar 05, 2012
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- Not stepping into Mohnish's shoes: Sharad Kelkar - Mar 08, 2012
- Akshay will do wonders in 'Oh My God': Sachin Parikh - Jun 16, 2012
- Time for old actors to come back and take control: Mona 'Jassi' Singh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2012
- After playing Mallika, Rukhsar looks forward to new show - Sep 12, 2012
- Pamper your loved one direct 'dil se', suggests Sky (TV Snippets) - Feb 13, 2012
- TV actor Sachin Parikh prefers negative roles - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: ansari, bina, business head, dhoop kinare, disciplinarian, kamlesh, marina khan, mohnish behl, moin, rahat kazmi, rajani, reality shows, rommance, saas, senior executive vice president, sony entertainment television, tv actress, two doctors, writing the script, zoya