Krystian Zimerman: A modern day music maestroApril 27th, 2009 - 11:10 pm ICT by GD
Krystian Zimerman is one of the best pianists in the world. He has the largest number of fan following across the globe. Besides popularity, he has also received lots of critical acclaim and prizes throughout his long and illustrious career. His first recognition came when he won the famous piano competition at Warsaw International Frederick in 1975. He picked up his skills from the master Andrzej Jasiński at Katowice Conservatory. Later he preformed in the Berlin Philharmoni with Herbert von Karajan. After charming Europe, he came to America in 1979 and performed with the New York Philharmonic. He has toured the world, performing at major music schools and programs, which were great hits. He has also recorded a number of albums.
Krystian Zimerman is known for both his classical and romantic pieces. He is also the maser of contemporary and modern music. If there is a versatile piano performer and musician in the world at present, then it is undoubtedly Krystian Zimerman. Some of his famous musical compositions are the piano concerti of Edvard Grieg and Robert Schumann, Brahms, Frédéric Chopin, Franz Schubert, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Franz Liszt, Maurice Ravel, Claude Debussy and many more. Since the year 1996, he has devoted his full attention to teaching music at the Academy of Music in Switzerland.
Unfortunately this famous man had to face huge embarrassment and humiliation when he was harassed by the American airport authorities after the World Trade Center attacks. They even went to the extent of destroying his instruments because they smelt funny! Such behavior from the authorities has only deprived the people of American from enjoying the music of this maestro.
- Pianist creates furore with anti-US comments - Apr 28, 2009
- 'X Factor' theme tune named UK's most widely-heard classical track - Dec 29, 2009
- Chinese pianist opens Poland's Chopin bicentennial - Jan 08, 2010
- Franz Harary To Appear In 'India's Magic Star' - Jul 16, 2010
- Victoria's piano back on display in Kolkata - Jun 21, 2012
- Previously unknown Mozart piece performed in Austria - Mar 24, 2012
- Kevin Rudd had no idea who Jimi Hendrix was! - Oct 22, 2009
- Beethoven's DNA turned into musical composition to make its debut - Aug 08, 2010
- Child piano playing prodigy sets new Guinness record - Jul 26, 2012
- Armless Pianist Liu Wei Is The Winner Of 'China’s Got Talent' - Oct 12, 2010
- Franz Harary's magic coming soon at Kingdom of Dreams? - Dec 14, 2010
- Austrian composer Mozart's music to get rainbow cast in Delhi - Jan 02, 2012
- Rahman Conservatory in plans to bring Russian style piano - Apr 08, 2010
- Romantic Europe comes alive through music - May 07, 2010
- Puerto Rican musician Yomo Toro dies - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: airport authorities, claude debussy, edvard grieg, first recognition, franz liszt, franz schubert, frédéric chopin, herbert von karajan, illustrious career, major music, modern day music, music maestro, musical compositions, new york philharmonic, piano competition, piano concerti, piano performer, robert schumann, romantic pieces, teaching music