Kristen Wiig shines in ‘Bridesmaids’May 13th, 2011 - 10:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, May 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kristen Wiig has revealed what went into the writing of her first movie script. The “Saturday Night Live” star co-wrote the script for the movie “Bridesmaids.” She was on Jon Stewart’s “Daily Show” when she made the revelations regarding the book.
Kristen wrote the script with Annie Mumolo after Judd Apatow promised to pay for it. She revealed that because it was first time writing a script, she had to rely on a “how to write a screenplay book” to get the job done.
She said that, “I went to her house for the first day and she bought like chips and carrots and we had our book and we’re like(she just sat there.)”
In the movie, a lady felt dejected when her best friend changed her as the bridesmaid for her impending wedding. Before that was taken away from her, the woman had suffered failure in her bakery business. She also realized that her boyfriend was only interested in her because of sex.
The movie has got some good ratings from movie reviewers. Wiig stars in the movie herself. She has been praised for the movie considering it is the first time that she has written a script.
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
- 'Bridesmaid' is a unisex film: Kristen Wiig - Jun 23, 2011
- Bridesmaids edges out 'Sex and the City' on the popularity charts - Jul 06, 2011
- Kristen Wiig wants to adopt! - Mar 16, 2012
- Spears wants to do film for Pillips, Apatow - Feb 12, 2011
- Stewart working on first novel - Apr 03, 2012
- Kristen Stewart named highest paid actress - Jun 20, 2012
- Kristen Wiig lands new comedy role - Mar 01, 2012
- Kristen Stewart's racy role in 'Cali' - May 01, 2012
- Kristen Stewart tops the highest paid actress list - Jun 20, 2012
- Kristen Wiig Linked To Strokes Star Fabrizio Moretti - Dec 08, 2011
- Applegate in 'Anchorman 2' - Jun 22, 2012
- Maya Rudolph is pregnant with her 3rd child with husband Paul Thomas Anderson - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Snow White and the Huntsman' sequel announced - Jun 09, 2012
- Kristen Wiig inspires Olivia Wilde - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: annie mumolo, bakery business, best friend, bridesmaid, bridesmaids, carrots, chips, daily show, how to write a screenplay, impending wedding, jon stewart, judd apatow, kristen wiig, movie reviewers, movie script, revelations, saturday night live, screenplay book, star co, writing a script