Kristen Stewart turns to Gandhi for solaceAugust 23rd, 2012 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 23 (IANS) Actress Kristen Stewart is reportedly struggling to forgive herself after cheating beau Robert Pattinson and has turned to the writings of Mahatma Gandhi to cope with it.
Stewart had a brief fling with her “Snow White and the Huntsman” director Rupert Sanders while she was in relationship with Pattinson. And the actress has now turned to self-help and enlightenment books to cope with the cheating scandal.
“Kristen is trying to find some inner peace within herself. And she is reading a lot. She has always been interested in philosophy and spirituality and she has been reading a lot of different books,” radaronline.com quoted a source as saying.
“Strangely enough, the one author that has really been resonating with her is Gandhi, who she decided to find out more about after watching ‘Eat, Pray Love’.”
“She began reading a biography of his life, then turned to Gandhi’s own writing because she was seeking solace,” the source said.
“The quote that particularly stands out for her is, ‘The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.’ While she doesn’t know if Rob could forgive her, that statement has tempered her own regret.”
“The remorse she has isn’t completely gone, but Gandhi’s words have certainly helped her find peace with the whole situation. Kristen isn’t beating herself up over it, she’s accepted that everyone makes mistakes and she has to learn from it,” the source added.
- Stewart upset about facing wrath alone - Aug 17, 2012
- Stewart not part of 'On The Road' premiere? - Aug 10, 2012
- Stewart wants to avoid break-up-related queries - Aug 19, 2012
- Pattinson wants man-to-man chat with Sanders - Jul 29, 2012
- Stewart nervous about Toronto red carpet - Sep 05, 2012
- Pattinson moves out of Stewart's house? - Jul 27, 2012
- Pattinson heartbroken after Stewart's cheating scandal - Jul 27, 2012
- Stewart, Pattinson had family plans - Aug 08, 2012
- Stewart dropped from 'Snow White' sequel - Aug 16, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart not on talking terms - Jul 30, 2012
- Lady Gaga defends Kristen Stewart - Jul 27, 2012
- Stewart turns to Pattionson's best buddy for help - Aug 28, 2012
- Was the friendship between Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin the reason behind Stewart's betrayal? - Jul 30, 2012
- Pattinson wants to meet Stewart - Aug 15, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart to attend premiere together? - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: actress, attribute, enlightenment books, fling, forgiveness, huntsman, inner peace, kristen stewart, love, mahatma gandhi, philosophy, relationship, remorse, robert pattinson, rupert, scandal, snow white, solace, spirituality