Krishnaben Khakhrawala: Ranbir Kapoor Lies In Her Bucket ListJanuary 15th, 2011 - 8:19 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Every actor or actress has a certain bucket list i.e. a wish list of roles that he or she would like to portray before hanging the boots. And South Indian actress Indira Krishnan is no different.
Popularly known as Krishnaben Khakhrawala of Sony TV, India desires to play Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor’s on-screen mother. Indira Krishnan invades your drawing rooms in the garbs of a Gujarati woman in the hit sitcom ‘Krishnaben Khakhriwala’. And viewers love her sublime portrayal of a gritty and selfless mother as she effortlessly arrests our attention.
Speaking to the tabloid, she says that she is a big fan of actor Ranbir Kapoor. She lauds him for his on-screen charisma and commends his performance in Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti that was critically as well as commercially acclaimed.
She professes her heartfelt desire of playing the mother of Ranbir Kapoor. She has been playing the role of moms since a young age and she relishes the roles of mothers. She says that she is a big fan of actress Reema Lagoo who has, over the years, played mother on the silver screen with deftness for a number of actors including Salman Khan.
Indira basically loves the good ‘mass’ though she doesn’t mind a bit of greyness in the character. She is in her 30s but adeptly essays a 45-year old woman on the show. Besides, she has excelled in getting her Gujarati accent right. But that’s hardly a botheration for someone who has previously played moms in serials like ‘Ek Ladki Anjaani Si’, ‘Ayushman’ and ‘Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein’.
We hope that her yearning to play Ranbir Kapoor’s mother gets fulfilled soon. Are the directors listening?
- 'Krishnaben' wants to play Ranbir Kapoor's mom in films - Jan 15, 2011
- TV's old favourites are back - May 20, 2011
- Old is Gold! Veterans bag lead roles in serials, films - Jun 21, 2011
- Regional flavours on tube; Gujarati shows dominate - Mar 29, 2012
- Ranbir's Mom Is Nikhila Tirkha - May 31, 2010
- My name is Payal Shukla and I'm not a Bihari - Apr 07, 2010
- Love your bahus, say telly moms-in-law - May 10, 2012
- Oh mother! How she's been edited out of Bollywood (Mother's Day is on May 8) - May 07, 2011
- Ranbir shoots music video for 'Chillar Party' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 19, 2011
- Katrina Kaif: Can Rajneeti Bring Her The First Filmfare Award? - Dec 22, 2010
- Manish Naggdev feels positive roles challenging, but limiting - Jul 15, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours - Jun 10, 2012
- Dolly Ahluwalia had apprehensions over 'Vicky Donor' drinking act - Apr 28, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit Looks Forward To Her New Innings In Bollywood - Jan 19, 2011
- Zee TV’s Mera Naam Karegi Roshan To Go Off Air - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: actress reema, ayushman, botheration, deftness, drawing rooms, ek ladki anjaani si, garbs, heartfelt desire, indira, ladki anjaani, prakash jha, ranbir kapoor, reema lagoo, rehna hai, roles of mothers, salman khan, silver screen, sony tv, south indian actress, tv india