Kris Marshall banned from driving for 6 monthsNovember 11th, 2011 - 11:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actor Kris Marshall has been banned from driving for six months. The actor was punished for failing to submit to breathalyzer. This is not the first time that the 38-year-old has falling foul of the traffic rules.
Police say the British Telecom ad director was found sleeping behind his wheels at a Tesco parking lot. The officers suspected that he was drunk so he was arrested. The officers charged him with driving under influence because at the time that he was arrested he still had his car key in the ignition.
Marshall protested against his arrest saying he was only guilty of sleeping in his car. He argued that he was not driving so the charge shouldn’t stand. When he was asked to submit for a breathalyzer test, Marshall refused in protest.
When he reluctantly submitted to the breathalyzer test, he did not wrap his lip properly on the machine thereby giving inaccurate sample. Nonetheless, the officers said they recorded almost twice the amount of the official limit allowed.
During the sentencing, the judge told Marshall that, “Nevertheless you have learned a valuable lesson. You have got more than 12 points which means an automatic six month disqualification. This means you cannot drive a motor vehicle in any road or public place at all until the period ends. If you do drive then you have committed a serious offence and could be sent to prison or disqualified again.”
- Rachel Oberlin sentenced - May 06, 2011
- Man dressed as breathalyzer for Halloween arrested for DUI - Nov 07, 2010
- Randy Travis arrest video released - Feb 16, 2012
- David Cassidy: To Challenge His DUI Arrest – Released On Bond - Nov 06, 2010
- Chris Klein Arrested For DUI - Jun 19, 2010
- Golfer Rachel Connor arrested in Florida for DUI - Mar 08, 2012
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- Charlie Sheen's Raunchy Pal Bree Olson Arrested For Alleged DUI - Feb 06, 2011
- T&T; footballer Edwards faces jail time - Sep 28, 2011
- Rock star Vince Neil arraigned for DUI - Oct 11, 2010
- Actor Chris Klein pleads guilty to the DUI charge - Sep 07, 2010
- NY Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards arrested for drunken driving - Sep 21, 2010
- Speaker acted in haste on 16 Karnataka legislators: Apex court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Andhra speaker disqualifies 16 Jagan loyalists (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Drunk Dutchman fills pants, not jerrycan with fuel - Jul 29, 2010