Kris Allen Speaks About “American Idol” Premiere On January 19 And Its JudgesJanuary 20th, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Much awaited “American Idol” season 10 kicked off with felicity and fanfare on January 19. With new set of judges and new format, the show lived up to the expectation of the audience. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez took the judges seat for the first time and Randy Jackson seemed to have filled up Simon Cowell’s seat. Though different people gave different views about the judges, “American Idol” season 8 champion, Kris Allen gave an exclusive interview to a reputed media source, where he described his thoughts on the new judges panel.
The season 8 “American Idol” champion said that the overall show was good and entertaining enough though he found “Aerosmith” front man most interesting. Kris Allen said that he found Steven Tyler “awesome” in the show and he is waiting to see more of him. When the media outlets asked him, how both Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez would have influenced him if they had been the judges of his winning season, the singer said that the whole thing would have been superb. Kris Allen said that the whole situation could have been “weird” enough as Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are in the music industry for years and singing in front of them would have a bit difficult.
However, Kris Allen also said that after hearing his song, Steven Tyler might also have joined him onstage, like he did on the premiere. According to Kris Allen, the overall show was good, though not mind blowing enough. The former “American Idol” winner said that there were some good singers as well. This was for the first time in “American Idol” history, the contestants were allowed to give their audition through social networking site MySpace.
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler quits 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- Amerian Idol Unveils Steven Tyler's Vulnerable Side - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler To Judge "American Idol"? - Aug 22, 2010
- Steven Tyler The Next 'Idol' Judge? - Aug 19, 2010
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez And Steven Tyler Announced As 'American Idol' Judges - Sep 23, 2010
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- J.Lo 'out of running as judge for 'American Idol' after diva act' - Aug 12, 2010
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Steven Tyler wants a pay rise for 'American Idol' ? - Aug 09, 2011
- Tyler likely to return for next season of 'American Idol' - Jul 10, 2011
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Mariah Carey To Judge American Idol? - Aug 24, 2010
- Lopez, Tyler new 'American Idol' judges - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: aerosmith, american idol, american idol winner, fanfare, felicity, front man, gina gomez, january 19, jennifer lopez, judges panel, judges seat, kris, media outlets, media source, music industry, randy jackson, season 8, simon cowell, social networking site, steven tyler