Krejza should be used as a spinning strike weapon: HaydenNovember 12th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov.12 (ANI): Australian off-spinner Jason Krejza, who snared 12 wickets in his debut Test in Nagpur, should be used as a spinning strike weapon like Stuart MacGill, says team mate and opener Mathew Hayden.
Even though it did turn for (Krejza in Nagpur), he was going for a lot of runs and (Virender) Sehwag is a magnificent player of spin and put him under a lot of pressure, and he got eight and four (wickets in each innings),”” the opener said.
Those two results aren”t a fluke in Test cricket, they”re (due to) good skills and he does have a number of those good skills.
Australia is different. Some of our conditions are conducive to spin. The way we handled a Stuart MacGill might be a significant thing that selectors are looking for. It is an answer to over-rate problems as well but it’’s also a very strong attacking option,”” he added
With a stirring 4-42 in the Indian second innings in Nagpur, Watson’’s selection ahead of Symonds bolsters the fast bowling attack, which should see an extra pace man included in the squad.
Shane Watson I thought was magnificent with the ball. His pace was consistent and he always looked threatening and he did his job superbly,”” Fox Sports quoted Hayden, as saying. (ANI)
- Big Bash launch pales in comparison with IPL - Dec 17, 2011
- MacGill favours Hauritz, says Beer clearly not the best spinner - Jan 06, 2011
- MacGill returns to cricket with Big Bash League - Dec 02, 2011
- Oz media blasts MacGill for targeting George, selectors - Oct 13, 2010
- Krejza should be recalled for Ashes: Mark Waugh - Nov 14, 2010
- MacGill wants to play in IPL - Dec 26, 2011
- North, not Hauritz should be Australia's first-choice spinner: MacGill - Nov 07, 2010
- Stuart Macgill blasts Hilditch's Ashes selection - Dec 11, 2010
- Spinners will be India's trump card at World T20: MacGill - Sep 18, 2012
- Beer's selection proves Hilditch has 'officially lost the plot': MacGill - Dec 11, 2010
- Sending George to make debut in India is like 'not giving him a chance': McGill - Oct 12, 2010
- Lyon becomes international off-spinner from a groundsman - Jul 26, 2011
- Sydney Test: Watson, Asif return from where they had started - Jan 02, 2010
- All pace attack recipe for disaster says Aussie leg-spinner McGain - Oct 14, 2009
- 8 Indians, 32 Australians, 30 South Africans for IPL-5 auction - Jan 30, 2012