Kournikova is love of his life, says IglesiasMarch 30th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, March 30 (EFE) Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias has admitted that former Russian tennis player Anna Kournikova was the love of his life but the couple had no plans to tie the knot for now.
“She is enchanting, she is the ideal girl. If you ask me right now, I’d say she’s the woman in my life, but I don’t know if eternal love exists,” Iglesias said in a press conference in Mexico City Saturday.
“The reality is that lots of people who get married get divorced, but I’ll be able to answer that question when I’m 90, then I’ll be able to say if I was with her the rest of my life,” the singer said.
“Relationships are difficult and maintaining them is not easy. I believe in marriage, but I believe that today you don’t have to be married to be happy,” Iglesias said.
The 33-year-old singer said he was not yet ready to have children, but he did not rule out having a family in the future.
Iglesias and Kournikova have been together since 2002, when the Russian tennis babe played Enrique’s girlfriend in the video for his No. 3 hit “Escape”.
Over the years, reports have come out periodically that the two have split, but Iglesias and Kournikova have always denied them.
- As teen, Enrique couldn't woo girls - Jul 17, 2011
- Lopez, Iglesias to tour together - May 02, 2012
- Iglesias loves Beckham's style - Jul 14, 2011
- Not ready for children yet: Iglesias - Jul 13, 2011
- I'm still single 'on paper', says Anna Kournikova - Sep 16, 2010
- Enrique Iglesias, Anna Kournikova still together, says rep - Oct 22, 2010
- 'Enrique is an incredible person', says Kournikova - Jun 21, 2010
- 'Iglesias, Kournikova are together' - Oct 22, 2010
- Are Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova expecting their first baby? - Jan 27, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias Going Strong With Anna Kournikova, Rep Says - Oct 23, 2010
- I couldn't get laid when I was younger, says Enrique Iglesias - Aug 26, 2010
- Enrique Iglesias, Anna Kournikova 'finally getting engaged' - Sep 25, 2009
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Anna Kournikova shows off legs in hotpants, heels - Oct 22, 2010
- Kournikova signs in for 'The Biggest Loser' - May 24, 2011
Tags: anna kournikova, efe, enrique iglesias, eternal love, girlfriend, knot, marriage, mexico city, relationships, rest of my life, russian tennis player, spanish singer, tennis babe, woman in my life