Konkani film with Remo’s music to be screened at IFFIOctober 25th, 2010 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 25 (IANS) A Konkani film with a background score by Remo Fernandes will be screened in the Indian Premiere section at the forthcoming International Film Festival of India (IFFI) along with two other movies of directors Amol Palekar and Rituparno Ghosh.
An IFFI official told reporters Monday that Palekar’s Marathi film “Dhoosar” and Ghosh’s Bengali movie “Nauka Dubi”, along with Rajendra Talak’s “O Maria” have been selected by the jury headed by Kerala filmmaker Shama Prasad from eight films that were shortlisted for the premiere section.
This is for the first time that Remo Fernandes, a musical legend in Goa, has given a background score to a Konkani language movie.
“O Maria” has been entirely shot in Goa and has several tracks composed and sung by the master musician who was conferred the Padmashri in 2007.
While Remo is best known throughout India for several foot-tapping Bollywood numbers, he is a cult figure in Goa who first rose to fame in the 1970s and 1980s by lending his music and songs to several popular movements which dealt with social issues like making Konkani an official language of Goa.
- Remo does a Vidhu Vinod Chopra, has a run-in with media - Aug 10, 2010
- 'Nouka Dubi' to premiere at IFFI - Nov 15, 2010
- Big budgets have driven experimentation out of Hindi cinema: Palekar - Nov 28, 2010
- Why is a Goan Pedro always a drunkard, asks filmmaker - Dec 01, 2010
- Gulzar to translate Tagore poetry in Hindi for 'Nauka Dubi' - Nov 25, 2010
- Bollywood's popular 'mommy' Reema likes all her sons - Nov 28, 2010
- New York Indian Film Festival offers exciting line-up - Apr 13, 2011
- Rabindranath Tagore's 'Nouka Dubi' To Be Revisited By Rituparno Ghosh & Subhash Ghai! - Nov 29, 2010
- Hirani, Rituparno to hold master classes in Melbourne - May 25, 2012
- Ecelectic mix and new cinema tech on show at IFFI - Nov 30, 2011
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- Riya takes over the internet! - Nov 12, 2009
- Rituporna Ghosh's Film 'Nouka Dubi' Produced By Subhash Ghai To Be Premiered At IFFI Goa At The ... - Nov 16, 2010
- Delhi meeting to discuss Goa's linguistic deadlock - May 12, 2011
- 20 films in IFFI's international competition section - Nov 06, 2009
Tags: 1980s, amol palekar, bengali, cult figure, goa, iffi, international film festival, konkani language, marathi, master musician, musical legend, o maria, panaji, popular movements, prasad, premiere section, remo fernandes, rituparno ghosh, social issues, talak