Knightley receives cooking lessons from momJune 24th, 2012 - 8:50 am ICT by IANS
London, June 24 (IANS) Actress Keira Knightley, who recently got engaged to musician James Righton, wants to improve her culinary skills, and she has turned to her mother for guidance.
“I’m an alright cook. Not brilliant, but alright. My mum’s a really good cook, but we had a really small kitchen, so she could never actually teach me any of the stuff that she made. But now she’s starting to,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Knightley as saying.
“I’ve gotten really good recipes, which are excellent. I’m good at, like, a one-pot dish. It’s the timing. I always walk away at a wrong point. And then everything burns! But stews and curries, I’m good at that,” she added,
Knightley also revealed she doesn’t have many celebrity friends, whom she could call during a crisis.
Asked what famous people she would call if the world was coming to an end, she said: “I don’t have celebrity friends like that. I mean, I have ones that I’d kind of call up to say, ‘Hello, how are you? How is everything going?’ But no, my friends aren’t actors.”
- Knightley brushing up culinary skills - Jun 24, 2012
- Not ready for pregnancy: Knightley - Sep 07, 2012
- Knightley didn't like music while growing up - Jun 19, 2012
- Knightley wants to work with fiance - Jul 14, 2012
- Knightley taking music lessons from beau! - Aug 03, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston loves knitting - Jan 31, 2011
- Keira Knightley caught kissing James Righton - Apr 14, 2011
- Knightley's dancing woes - Sep 07, 2012
- Keira Knightley dating rocker James Righton? - Apr 03, 2011
- Knightley not worried about nudity - Sep 08, 2012
- Knightley hates her bad skin - Mar 17, 2012
- Knightley cosies up with The Klaxons rocker - Apr 11, 2011
- I'm obsessed with cooking show: Lady Gaga - May 31, 2011
- Keira Knightley can't cook! - Dec 24, 2009
- Paris Hilton loves to cook - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: actors, actress, celebrity friends, cooking lessons, culinary skills, everything burns, famous people, femalefirst, good cook, good recipes, guidance, james righton, june 24, keira knightley, london, mom, musician, pot dish, stews