Knightley defends suing newspaper over anorexia storyNovember 16th, 2007 - 5:55 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Nov 16 (ANI): Keira Knightley has defended her decision to take legal action against the Daily Mail after the British newspaper suggested she was an anorexic, because she feared the story would affect her film roles.
The paper printed photos of a stick-thin Knightley in a bikini and proposed that her figure had inspired a teenager, who had died from anorexia.
The actress was shocked by the article, sued the newspaper and was awarded a settlement.
In a recent interview, she asserted that it was necessary for her to get hard.
“It could potentially have ruined my career because if I had been anorexic, there is no way I would have been able to do a lot of the action movies that I do, Contactmusic quoted Keira, as saying.
People wouldn’t have hired me. When things are written that are trying to ruin my career, as that one (story) was, I obviously have to take that very seriously, she added. (ANI)
- Michaele Salahi insists she's not 'anorexic' - Aug 07, 2010
- Not ready for pregnancy: Knightley - Sep 07, 2012
- Nicola Roberts's weight woes - Nov 30, 2011
- Knightley won't act forever - Aug 06, 2012
- Keira Knighley splits with her boyfriend Rupert - Jan 13, 2011
- Keira Knightley 'almost quit Hollywood at 22' - Dec 06, 2010
- Keira Knightly loves Indian curry - Feb 07, 2009
- Knightley receives cooking lessons from mom - Jun 24, 2012
- Keira Knightley's 'lesbian play' to reveal scandal that rocked Scotland - Jan 31, 2011
- Keira Knightley caught kissing James Righton - Apr 14, 2011
- Knightley didn't like music while growing up - Jun 19, 2012
- Anorexic French model Isabelle Caro dies at the age of 28 - Dec 30, 2010
- Knightley hates her bad skin - Mar 17, 2012
- Keira Knightley wanted to quit acting - Dec 07, 2010
- Knightley brushing up culinary skills - Jun 24, 2012