Klein to demolish $30 mn mansionDecember 20th, 2008 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 20 (IANS) American fashion mogul Calvin Klein will demolish his $30 million New York estate to replace it with a modern structure.He submitted an application this week to tear down the massive Southampton mansion, known as Dragon’s Head, reports contactmusic.com.
The 50,000-square-foot residence was built in 1926 and Klein has been riddled with complaints about the sprawling structure since he purchased the property in 2003.
According to the New York Post, the designer will replace the building with a 17,500 square foot glass and concrete compound. He has also enlisted celebrity hotelier Ian Schrager to help him redesign it with a more modern flair.
In a letter to the Southampton Village Board of Historic Preservation and Architectural Review, Schrager wrote: “We are delighted by the proposed demolition of our over-scaled and garish neighbour.”
- Calvin Klein to tear down $30m castle to replace it with modern structure - Dec 20, 2008
- Aniston buys $9 million house in New York - Nov 07, 2011
- Zoe Saldana strips for Calvin Klein underwear - Jul 09, 2010
- Zoe Saldana strips for Calvin Klein ad - Aug 29, 2010
- Madonna plans to buy horse farm in New York - Dec 11, 2009
- Fashion show inspires Holmes to open clothing line - Sep 18, 2010
- Squatter kicked out of Ann Curry's NY home - Aug 17, 2011
- Freida Pinto takes New York by storm (With Image) - Jul 14, 2012
- Combs, Simpson design Christmas tree for charity - Nov 15, 2011
- Lady Gaga mimicking Madonna with a house in Hamptons - Jul 16, 2010
- Mary Kay Ash's pink mansion up for sale - Feb 20, 2012
- Holocaust victim Anne Frank Museum to move away from Ground Zero mosque site - Mar 28, 2011
- National Christmas tree knocked over by wind - Feb 21, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey sells Chicago apartment - Jul 19, 2012
- Katy Perry, Russell Brand buy NYC apartment - Sep 25, 2010