Kite flying always excited me: Dilip Kumar (Movie Snippets)January 15th, 2012 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 15 (IANS) While the nation celebrated Makar Sankranti and Pongal Sunday, veteran actor Dilip Kumar recalled the time when he used to spend festive day flying kites.
“Kite flying has always excited and thrilled me. Have brought out my trunk of kites and manjas collected from different regions,” the 89-year-old posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“The mushrooming of tall constructions aside; it is still good fun to send a kite in the air and let it soar and soar. Happy Sankranti,” he added.
Rana Daggubati’s luggage woes
Actor Rana Daggubati had to go through tough time while dealing with airport authorities to track his misplaced luggage while taking a flight from Hyderabad Saturday.
“Air India just lost my luggage in a domestic (Hyderabad-Mumbai)… couldn’t track bags that left from the Hyderabad airport since morning,” the 27-year-old tweeted.
He is still looking for the luggage.
“Morning!! Headed to Chennai with all new luggage again on an Air India because of no other flt option. Lost luggage still not found,” he further posted.
Everything about the Beatles was godly: Big B
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan recalls the days when English rock band “The Beatles” created a craze amongst music enthusiasts. He says today’s generation may not value their contribution to the music industry, but they were ultimate.
“A fair assessment and one that requires no great detail in understanding…so let it be let it be…a la Beatles…now why on earth did they come into this. Ok…now that they have, we shall indulge(sic),” the 69-year-old posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“This generation may not value them as much as we did, but they were and still are the ultimate!! And what a craze and following and madness about them - the hair, the music, the songs, their lives, their LP’s (LP record)…everything about them was nothing short of being godly,” he further added.
Big B also says that the band created a stir in music industry with their initial hit tracks and few of the mostly inspired cities were Kolkata.
“In those early days of Kolkata, when they were emerging the giants that they were, the rush to get the LP’s of their latest, a rarity because they were not as freely available as music is now. You waited for that odd chance of a friend travelling to London, a rarity by itself, and then after a long and tedious gap to acquire the sound that has been heard perhaps on radio, or at a frequently travelled friends place,” he further posted.
- Bollywood wishes fans on Makar Sankranti - Jan 14, 2011
- Rana Daggubati replaces Abhishek in 'Department' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 23, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt to sing extra song for 'Department' - Apr 19, 2012
- Emraan's up in the air act!(Movie Snippets) - Dec 01, 2011
- Rana Daggubati bags best debut award for 'Leader' (With Image) - Jun 21, 2011
- Nathalia will star opposite Rana in 'Department' - Mar 04, 2012
- Daggubati 'embarrassed' at rumours of dating Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2011
- Nathalia worth following to end of the world: RGV - Apr 12, 2012
- Sanjay's tribute to Big B with 'Thodi si jo pi li hai' - Apr 21, 2012
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Dhulia's next titled 'Valmiki Ki Bandook' (Movie Snippets) - Dec 13, 2011
- Colourful Sankranti celebrations in Andhra - Jan 15, 2012
- Avoid link-ups, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - May 03, 2012
- Big B 'frustrated' with frequent stomach pain - Apr 20, 2012
- Kites fill Delhi skies in spirit of freedom (With Image) - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: air india, airport authorities, amitabh bachchan, constructions, different regions, dilip kumar, english rock band, flt, good fun, hyderabad airport, kite, lp record, makar sankranti, music enthusiasts, music industry, new luggage, pongal, snippets, veteran actor, woes