KISS and tell: Gene Simmons’ show back on airMay 22nd, 2009 - 1:29 am ICT by GD
Tongue-wagging, face-painted, radical rock legend Gene Simmons is back in the news. Bassist, vocalist of the hard rock legend band “Kiss”, Simmonds has always worn his demoniacal bad-man image on his sleeve. Onstage histrionics, outrageous outfits and make-up that bordered on the bizarre even, made Simmonds synonymous with an unfrosted hard core rock experience.
All of this of course, would make it extremely difficult if not altogether impossible, to imagine him in the role of a family man with grown up kids, had it not been for “Gene Simmons Family Jewels,” the ever popular TV show of A&E Network, which follows the exploits of Gene Simmons and his less than conventional family.
Born Chaim Witz in August 1949, Simmons, an Israeli American by birth, lives a family life that is every bit as unconventional as his persona. Sharing his life with his long-time girlfriend Shannon Tweed, who also happens to be not just an actress and a model but also a former “Playmate of the year”, and their two teen aged kids Sophie and Nick, Simmons’ family isn’t exactly the average American social institution. Of course this is exactly why GSFJ makes for such entertaining viewing, as audience wait to see how the two unlikely parents take on the uphill task of parenting two teens. The kids for their part, are surprisingly and endearingly well-behaved despite their unusual home environment.
The new season of the show premiers with an hour-long special episode on Sunday, June 7th, at 10:00 p.m ET/PT. Slotted to air for 15 episodes at least, the show begins with the audience being given a no-holds-barred access to Sophie’s sweet 16 party and goes on to provide a run-down of each of the family members behind-the-scenes escapades in the time that the show has been away.
- Gene Simmons finally proposes to girlfriend Shannon Tweed - Jul 27, 2011
- Ranbir is a good kid, says Sonu Niigaam - Mar 21, 2012
- A&E Reality Show Reveals Shannon Tweed's Breast Cancer Scare - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Two and Half Men' production halted after Charlie Sheen assails creator - Feb 25, 2011
- Gene Simmons Gets Hospitalized For Dehydration - Oct 26, 2010
- Gene Simmons Hospitalized For Dehydration, Released Later - Oct 26, 2010
- Pretty Little Liars Episode 2 Lives Upto Expectation - Jun 16, 2010
- Bieber set for CSI cameo - Jul 23, 2010
- Jaaved Jaafery to host game show for kids - Jun 07, 2011
- Coronation Street: Sophie and Sian elope! - Dec 02, 2011
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- Jackson's glove, shoe to be cemented at Grauman Theater - Jan 07, 2012
- Episode 2 Of "True Blood" Season 3 Gets High On Drama - Jun 21, 2010
- Glee's special episode on Michael Jackson to be aired soon - Jan 19, 2012
- Gene Shalit Says Goodbye To "The Today Show" - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: american by birth, band kiss, conventional family, core rock, gene simmons, gene simmons family jewels, histrionics, man image, nick simmons, outrageous outfits, playmate of the year, popular tv show, rock experience, rock legend, shannon tweed, simmons family jewels, social institution, sweet 16 party, time girlfriend, uphill task