Kishoreda’s last song to get new sounds for ‘Jhumroo’August 2nd, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Legendary singer Kishore Kumar’s last song, which he is said to have recorded three days before his demise in 1987, is set to be part of Bollywood musical “Jhumroo”, albeit with some new sounds.
The full rights to the song were bought for a bid of Rs.15.6 lakh by the owners of Gurgaon-based entertainment hub Kingdom of Dreams at the Osian’s-Cinefan Film Memorabilia Auction held here Tuesday.
“The auction was just in time for Kishoreda’s 83rd birth anniversary (Aug 4), and our show ‘Jhumroo’ also completes 100 shows Thursday. We are very excited,” Wizcraft director Viraf Sarkari told IANS.
“Jhumroo” is a musical capturing the spirit of the singer. It is produced by Great Indian Nautanki Company, a joint venture between Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and Apra Group.
Evergreen Kishore Kumar songs like “Om shanti om”, “Pag ghungroo”, “Saamne ye kaun aaya”, “Mere saamnewali khidki”, “Ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si”, “Hawa ke saath saath” and “Jahaan teri ye nazar hai” are already a part of the musical.
But now fans of the singer would also be able to hear this unreleased song in the coming months.
“It is a one-and-a-half-minute-long track. It is basically a love song and very melodious. It’s not a dance number really. But what we plan to do is to get some new sounds to it with our creative team, and once it is ready, we would have it choreographed, and ultimately included in the show,” said Sarkari.
The entire process could take a “couple of months”, he added.
“Jhumroo” has a cast including popular TV actors Gaurav Gera and Shweta Gulati. It is the second show after “Zangoora: The Gypsy Prince” to be showcased at Kingdom of Dreams.
- 'Jhumroo' - truly Kishore Kumar, truly Bollywood (Review) - Apr 06, 2012
- Gaurav Gera, Shweta Gulati in Bollywood musical 'Jhumroo' - Mar 21, 2012
- Kishore Kumar's tunes inspire new musical 'Jhumru' - Jun 25, 2011
- Kishore Kumar alive in B-town's heart (Movie Snippets) - Aug 04, 2012
- 'Zangoora' completes 100 shows, extended to 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- Priyanka misses joy of watching IPL (Movie Snippets) - Apr 06, 2012
- Bollywood musical 'Zangoora' set for world tour in 2012 - Jun 25, 2011
- Good Dad not here to hear today's songs: Kishoreda's son - Aug 04, 2012
- Kishoreda's songs evergreen, 'Jhumroo' will work: Shweta - Mar 31, 2012
- Shinde brings alive Kishoreda in 'Jhumroo' - Apr 07, 2012
- Shaan brings Kishore Kumar's melodies alive - Mar 26, 2012
- With laser show, song and dance, CWG closing to be 'different' - Oct 11, 2010
- Live shows give unmatched high: Gaurav Gera - Apr 04, 2012
- Aamir now owns Shammi Kapoor's jacket - Aug 01, 2012
- Kingdom of Dreams to open at 10 destinations in China - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: apra, birth anniversary, creative team, dance number, entertainment hub, film memorabilia, ghungroo, hawa, international entertainment, kingdom of dreams, kishore kumar, kishore kumar songs, ladki, legendary singer, new sounds, osian, popular tv, shweta, tv actors, unreleased song