Kiran Bedi supports new crime show (With Images)April 24th, 2012 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Crime shows like “CID” and “Crime Patrol” have caught the fancy of the audience for years, and the latest to join the list is “Savdhan India”, which aims at making people aware of how a criminal mind functions. Retired police officer Kiran Bedi says such an initiative was much needed.
“It is a well timed and much needed initiative and it is shocking, while at the same time it drives the message home,” Bedi, a former Indian Police Service officer, said in a statement.
“Through initiatives like these, the TV channels can showcase a variety of situations, solutions and alternatives for people when dealing with crime,” she added.
Bedi feels communities can come together and assist in reporting and handling crime by being more sensitive and aware of what goes on around them.
Hosted by Gaurav Chopra and Sushant Singh, the Life OK show will narrate real-life crime stories that have made it difficult for women to step out in the dark, for parents to send children to school without fear of abuse, and for senior citizens unthinkable to retire in peace.
“We believe our families are everything and without them there’s no fun in life. The best gift we can give to our viewers is to equip them with knowledge on how to safeguard oneself. The gift of family is what we want to share,” said Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK channel.
- 'Savdhan India' tries to analyse crime, sensitize people (With Images) - May 02, 2012
- Crime shows: Infotainment with responsibility (Entertainment Feature) - Jun 26, 2012
- TV show aims to curb domestic violence - Mar 08, 2012
- Meerut man wins Rs.5 mn on 'Sach Ka Saamna' (With Images) - Mar 28, 2012
- TV show 'CID' could soon be a film - May 30, 2012
- Ex-army officer gets life term for killing Chennai boy (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Now, Colors launches crime-based reality show 'Wanted...' - Feb 17, 2011
- 64 years on, family of man who caught Gandhi's killer in penury - Jan 30, 2012
- Anna's absence, chill keep crowds away from Ramlila ground - Dec 28, 2011
- Relative held for extortion call - Jun 02, 2012
- I've been single for long: Gaurav Chopraa - Aug 21, 2012
- US unveils new education initiative - Feb 25, 2012
- New channel Life OK launched, Madhuri to be sutradhaar - Dec 18, 2011
- '71 series triumphs inspired India to win overseas more often: Bedi - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: ajit, april 24, audience, crime patrol, fear, gaurav chopra, indian police service, initiative, initiatives, life crime, message home, mind functions, new crime, New Delhi, police officer, senior citizens, showcase, sushant singh, thakur, tv channels