Kinshuk Mahajan goes ‘desi’ for ‘Afsar Bitiya’November 25th, 2011 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) Usually seen in sophisticated and rich man’s avatar, television actor Kinshuk Mahajan has decided to don a desi avatar in his new show “Afsar Bitiya”, which highlights the importance of education.
“It is based in Bhagalpur and highlights the importance of education. The role is completely different from what I have played so far,” Kinshuk told IANS.
“My look is quite different from other shows. It’s a completely desi look where you would see me wearing kurta, jeans and jackets. The language of the show also has a typical Bihari touch,” the 25-year-old added.
The story of a girl’s hard work and dedication, “Afsar Bitiya” will be aired on Zee TV.
In the show, Kinshuk plays Pintu Singh, a quintessential village goon, youngest child in his family who has been pampered all his life. He does not believe in getting himself a job because he detests the idea of taking orders from someone else.
“It’s quite a ‘Dabangg’ character. He is rough and tough guy but at the same time, deep down inside he has a very tender heart. He is very good to those who are good with him and bad with those who are bad with him,” he said.
Kinshuk has been modelling since his teenage years. He played a small role in Bollywood film, “Delhii Heights” and was later seen in Disney’s TV show “Dhoom Machaao Dhoom”.
However, the breakthrough came in his career with Rajan Shahi’s “Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai”. He has also been part of “Chand Chupa Badal Mein” and travel reality show “Jee Ley Ye Pal”.
Kinshuk says he’s happy with the way his career has shaped up and that the “industry has taught me to have patience and never lose hope.”
“Everyone struggles, but you have to be focused. It might take time, but you will definitely get work here. The industry has taught me how to stay grounded. Many times it happens that the actors are carried away by the showbiz and lose out on their careers,” he added.
Kinshuk, who recently married his longtime girlfriend Divya Gupta, took a short break after his reality show “Jee Lay Ye Pal” and says, “Break is necessary to help an actor rejuvenate.”
- Not dating Krystle D'Souza: Karan Tacker (TV Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Kinshuk strikes right balance after marriage (TV Snippets) - Mar 06, 2012
- Kinshuk Mahajan Enters 'Chaand Chupa Badal Mein' With A Special Action Sequence! - Oct 12, 2010
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- Amrapali is now part of me: Actor Yash Sinha - Aug 06, 2012
- TV stars recall their school flag-hoisting ceremony on R-Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Priyanka heads for London to promote 'Barfi!' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
- Kinshuk Mahajan being groomed for 'Chaand Chhupa Badal Mein' - Sep 16, 2010
- Katrina on a bottle! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 30, 2012
- Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image) - Aug 06, 2012
- Actors are like little children: Sanjay Gadhvi - Sep 13, 2012
- It's an honour to work with Aamir in 'Dhoom 3': Abhishek - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Where goddesses are worshipped, women are treated badly' (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Abhishek to star in Dostana 2, Dhoom 3 - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: avatar, babul, bhagalpur, chupa, hellip, importance of education, mahajan, New Delhi, pintu, quintessential village, rajan, rich man, s tv, sapna, showbiz, story of a girl, teenage years, television actor, tender heart, tough guy