Kings of Leon tour bus catches fireDecember 22nd, 2010 - 1:12 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Kings of Leon concert which is billed to take place tonight at the O2 arena in London may not happen after all.
This is because organizers say they are assessing a tour bus that caught fire this morning and based on the damage to the bus, they will announce whether the concert will go ahead or not.
It took 60 firefighters with 12 fire tenders to put the fire out. Though there were no injuries, six people were treated by paramedics after inhaling the fumes from the burning bus.
The London fire brigade announced that there was no damage to the dome as a result of the fire. The spokesperson for the fire brigade said that, “We have officers at the scene who have reported back now that the fire is now under control. It did not spread to the dome at all. It is in the parking location.”
O2 announced on its website that it will inform patrons about the status of the concert as soon as they are through with their own assessment of the damage done by the fire.
- Kings of Leon scrap last 2010 gig after blaze - Dec 22, 2010
- Away from home, they keep us safe every Diwali (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- House fire in northwest London kills 6, injures 2 - Sep 24, 2011
- X Factor's Frankie Cocozza is not joining the tour - Nov 18, 2011
- Fire hits bank in Agra - May 10, 2011
- Britney Spears fan dies in Dublin after fall from stage - Oct 25, 2011
- Mystery explosion guts Indian restaurant in Sydney - Jul 06, 2010
- Over 50 tenders used to douse Agra fire - Apr 24, 2011
- Man charred to death as mini-bus catches fire - Jan 16, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- 15 dead, 34 injured in Delhi fire - Nov 21, 2011
- CIA releases WWI documents that reveal secret of creating invisible ink - Apr 20, 2011
- One dead in fire near Marina beach (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012