Kings of Leon scrap last 2010 gig after blazeDecember 22nd, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 22 (ANI): Kings of Leon’s final gig of the year had to be scrapped after a fire broke out on one of their tour buses outside the venue in London.
The band was scheduled to perform at the O2 Arena on Tuesday but the concert was axed just hours before showtime due to blaze, reports the Daily Express.
More than 60 firefighters were called to tackle the flames and six people were treated for smoke inhalation.
Later a message was posted on the O2 Arena’s website that the show is postponed.
“Due to a fire onboard a tour bus parked onsite this morning, the London Fire Brigade were called and the venue immediately evacuated… Unfortunately, due to this morning’s fire on board one of the tour buses at The O2, tonight’s Kings of Leon concert will now be postponed,” the massage read.
“Whilst there is no damage to The O2 there is now insufficient time to rig the arena for tonight’s performance. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will announce a new date shortly,” it added. (ANI)
- Kings of Leon tour bus catches fire - Dec 22, 2010
- Sonu Nigam pulls out of London gig - Apr 22, 2012
- X Factor's Frankie Cocozza is not joining the tour - Nov 18, 2011
- Rihanna spotted at McDonalds - Dec 23, 2011
- No NOC, rains too...Bryan Adams Delhi concert called off (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Fans feel let down at aborted Bryan Adams concert - Feb 15, 2011
- Food Poisoning Postpones Elton's Concert - Jul 23, 2010
- Akon's wife to join him on India tour - Apr 12, 2011
- Akon banned from performing in Australia - Oct 28, 2010
- London O2 Arena named world's most popular music venue - Jan 15, 2010
- George Michael down with pneumonia, cancels concerts - Nov 24, 2011
- Bryan Adams' rescheduled concert also called off - Feb 17, 2011
- Madonna honours Jackson during London O2 concert - Jul 05, 2009
- Angry Jacko fans set up online petition to protest comeback delay - May 27, 2009
- Rahman plans massive music tour in June - Mar 04, 2010
Tags: blaze, daily express, firefighters, flames, gig, insufficient time, kings of leon, leon concert, london fire brigade, massage, new date, showtime, smoke inhalation, sorry for the inconvenience, tour bus, tour buses, venue in london