Kings Of Leon cancel gig after pigeon poops in bassist’s mouthJuly 26th, 2010 - 7:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 26 (ANI): Rock band Kings Of Leon abandoned a gig in St Louis, Missouri after their bassist Jared Followill was hit in the mouth by pigeon poo.
The band, which was repeatedly splattered by the birds, quit the outdoor US concert after just three songs.
Support acts The Postelles and The Stills had also complained about being rained on by droppings at the event.
“We couldn’t believe what The Postelles and The Stills looked like after their sets,” the Sun quoted an angry Jared as saying.
“We didn’t want to cancel so tried to play. But it was ridiculous. I was hit by pigeons during each of the first three songs.
“We had 20 songs on the set list so by the end I would have been covered head to toe,” he said.
Jared’s brother and drummer bandmate Nathan apologised for not completing the gig.
“So sorry St Louis, we had to bail. Pigeons s*** in Jared’s mouth,” he added. (ANI)
- Cyrus still flirting with Jared Followill? - Mar 08, 2011
- Miley Cyrus 'sexting' Kings of Leon bassist Jared Followill - Mar 09, 2011
- Kings of Leon cancel their Houston concert - Aug 02, 2011
- Ashley Greene, Jared Followill are 'just friends' - Mar 19, 2011
- Who's The New Man In Miley Cyrus' Life? - Nov 12, 2010
- Kings of Leon win the Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards 2010 - Feb 01, 2010
- Kings Of Leon drummer says band 'will never split like Oasis' - Dec 12, 2009
- Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Says ‘Kings Of Leon’ Self-Centered - Jan 27, 2011
- Kings Of Leon 'apologize to fans' over festival cancellation - Jul 20, 2009
- Indian Ocean pays tribute to CWG - Oct 14, 2010
- Ashley Greene found cuddling Jared Followill - Mar 20, 2011
- 'We're not rock stars, we're musicians' - Apr 04, 2012
- Despite talent, music bands struggle to find space - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Kings of Lion turn down 'Glee' offer - Aug 22, 2010