Kingfisher Airlines Introduces New Mobile Ticketing SolutionMay 27th, 2009 - 12:50 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
King Mobile Enables Guests to view flight details, purchase tickets, check-in, manage reservations, and book holidays
Mumbai, May 26 2009: Kingfisher Airlines, India’s only Five Star airline, rated by Skytrax, today announced the launch of King Mobile, a mobile ticketing solution. King Mobile will be available exclusively on ngpay, India’s fastest-growing mobile commerce service. This service will provide guests with a convenient option to book tickets anywhere, anytime and can be used on all GPRS enabled low-end as well as high-end phones. With this facility, guest can now book, pay and generate e-tickets on their phones as well as check miles and book Kingfisher Holidays.
To avail this service, guest will have to download the secure ngpay application on to their GPRS enabled phones by sending a sms KingMobile to 56388. Once King Mobile is installed after one-time registration, guest can book tickets, Kingfisher Holiday packages and also check their King Miles. E-tickets generated will be automatically emailed to the guests’ preferred email address which can be printed and used to gain entry inside the airport as well as for check-in using valid photo identification. On completion of the booking, e-ticket details will be stored automatically on the phone in the ngpay application for future access. The guest will also receive the booking details on his phone via SMS.
Commenting on the launch of this new initiative Mr. Vikram Malhotra, Vice President-Marketing, Kingfisher Airlines Limited, said, ” In a world where time is becoming the most precious asset, the challenge is to reach out to our guests rather than waiting for them to reach out to us. Kingfisher Airlines has always relied on innovative distribution models to provide unmatched access to its guests in the most convenient ways possible. King Mobile is yet another effort by Kingfisher Airlines to offer our guests unparalleled convenience via a world-class reservation facility. With the introduction of the Kingfisher Airlines King Mobile service, guest will no longer be limited to internet bookings or bookings via their travel agents. It will be a truly anytime, anywhere experience targeted at anyone with a GPRS enabled mobile handset. The simplicity and the convenience of the mobile medium will make it a compelling ticketing channel. ”
Kingfisher Airlines has blazed a trail of innovations and introduced a range of market-firsts that have completely redefined the whole experience of flying. By elevating its customers to a level of being “guests’ and not just passengers, Kingfisher Airlines has endeared itself to consumers.
ngpay is India’s largest mall on the mobile. Since its launch in February 2008, ngpay has become the largest end-to-end mobile commerce service in India with over 300,000 users. ngpay has certified financial grade security and is 100% compliant with RBI guidelines.
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- Now, book and pay for Air India tickets from your mobile - Mar 20, 2012
- In Qatar, get your flight boarding pass on phone - Nov 30, 2011
- New system soon to book train e-tickets - Sep 14, 2012
- Pay half fare on medical emergencies on Kingfisher - Feb 14, 2011
- Mobile users can now send 200 SMSes a day - Nov 01, 2011
- In South Africa, you can book flights on mobile phones - Sep 30, 2010
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Oz considering banning electronic tickets, automatic baggage check-ins over security reasons - Jan 09, 2011
- Lowest Jet Airways fare now available via SMS - Nov 11, 2009
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines enters into alliance with Royal Caribbean - Apr 20, 2011
- 70 percent of air passengers want self-service while on a journey - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: book holidays, booking details, class reservation, commerce service, distribution models, e ticket, flight details, innovative distribution, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines india, launch, malhotra, mobile commerce, precious asset, star airline, ticket details, time registration, unparalleled convenience, valid photo identification, vice president marketing