Kimberley Walsh wants anonymityFebruary 5th, 2011 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 5 (IANS) Singer Kimberley Walsh says she is not scared of fame fading away one day because she never planned to be a popular person.Walsh insists she would love to get back to being anonymous, reports dailystar.co.uk.
“I genuinely never ever got in it for the fame. When I was growing up, things were different from how they are now. I always just loved singing. But that’s what I love to do so, that’s why I got into this industry,” she said.
“I’m not the one who feels the need for adoration. No matter what way you look at it, it’s a privileged job. How can I moan about things that come with it? I can’t,” she added.
Walsh shot to fame after she was chosen to form a band on TV talent show “Popstars: The Rivals in 2002″. The group, Girls Aloud, became Britain’s biggest girl band and made celebrities of Walsh, Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nadine Coyle and Nicola Roberts.
- Nicola Roberts gives speech on Walsh's birthday - Nov 22, 2011
- Walsh wants Girls Aloud reunion - Dec 05, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite 'Girls Aloud' band - Jun 02, 2011
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
- Girls Aloud will not perform for 2 years - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Girls Aloud' not splitting: Nicola Roberts - Apr 26, 2010
- Kimberley Walsh plans New Year party - Dec 24, 2010
- Spice Girls performance made Harding nostalgic - Aug 27, 2012
- Girls Aloud are more like colleagues than friends: Coyle - Dec 06, 2010
- Girl Aloud will never split: Kimberly Walsh - Feb 07, 2011
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- 'Girls Aloud' plans their farewell tour - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: anonymity, anonymous reports, celebrities, cheryl cole, fame, girl band, group girls, job, kimberley walsh, london feb, nadine coyle, nicola roberts, rivals, sarah harding, talent show, tv talent