Kim Kardashian criticizes ‘Teen Mom’ for making teen pregnancy ‘trendy’January 21st, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 21 (ANI): It seems Kim Kardashian is no fan of reality series ‘Teen Mom’.
The reality star recently took to her blog to slam the MTV hit, which she thinks is glamorising teen pregnancy, reports the New York Daily News.
“It seems that shows like ‘Teen Mom’ are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls,” the 30-year-old wrote on Wednesday in an entry directed ‘to all young girls out there’.
“The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have been become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize!” she further wrote.
Calling parenting ‘one of the biggest, and most life-changing decisions a person can make’, Kardashian insisted ‘having a baby so young shouldn’t be seen as the trendy thing to do’.
She also appealed to younger fans not to have children at such an early age.
“Girls, please, think very carefully before you make these kind of decisions. Talk to your family, friends, teachers, and most of all, be careful,” she posted.
However, ‘Teen Mom’ stars Amber Portwood and Jenelle Evans are not pleased with Kardashian’s post.
“Last time I checked, Kim Kardashian had a sex tape floating around on the Internet and I’m pretty sure she made a lot of money off of it,” Portwood told E! News.
“She made a sex tape when she was younger and she wants to bash the girls on ‘Teen Mom’?” she added.
Portwood, who has been one of the series’ most controversial stars, pointed out a positive effect of the show.
“There’s actually a study that shows since the original ‘16 and Pregnant’ aired, the number of teen pregnancies have gone down,” she said, emphasizing that MTV doesn’t ‘glamorise anything’.
“It shows the heartache we’ve all gone through. We may be ‘celebrities’ because our face is out there, but it’s only because we’ve done some bad things. That’s not glamorous,” she said.
Evans offered up a simpler response to Kardashian’s warning: “Sh-t happens”. (ANI)
- Amber Portwood Says Kim Kardashian Is No Idol For Having A Sex Tape! - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Teen Mom' star challenges Kim Kardashian to boxing match? - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans & son Jace rushed to hospital after crash - Oct 28, 2011
- ‘Teen Mom’ Cast Amber Portwood Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges - Dec 28, 2010
- Amber Portwood Pulled Over By Cops, Issued Citation For Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- "Teen Mom" Amber Portwood Gets Daughter's Tattoo On Her Belly - Dec 18, 2010
- Kourtney Kardashian is having a baby girl - Feb 23, 2012
- Judge orders Amber Portwood to go to rehab in place of jail - Feb 09, 2012
- Amber Portwood, The Celebrity Of 'Teen Mom', Is Halted For Driving With A Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- Nude photos of 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood surface online - Feb 25, 2011
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' could go on for years: Kim - Dec 22, 2011
- Teen Moms' Amber Portwood's jail drama to be documented - Jun 12, 2012
- Kim Kardashian's video leaked - Aug 31, 2011
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- Amber Portwood is now out of hospital - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: age girls, amber, e news, family friends, having a baby, heartache, jan 21, jenelle, kim kardashian, last time, mtv, new york daily news, portwood, reality series, sex tape, teen mom, teen pregnancies, teen pregnancy, york daily news, young girls