Kids get ready, Noddy is coming to townAugust 20th, 2008 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 20 (IANS) Comic book character Noddy, who wears a bright red cap with a bell on top, will endear himself to children during his first ever live show in India, starting here Wednesday.The musical show titled “Noddy and the Treasure Map Adventure” will be staged in Mumbai from Aug 20-24.
“Last year, ‘Barney’ show got a phenomenal response. We had received lots of requests to bring more of such performances to India. We are very excited to be back in India with Noddy Live Show, this year,” Nick Larkin, founder Millennium Entertainment International, told reporters here Tuesday.
Based on the storybook character Noddy, which was created by British writer Enid Blyton, the show will travel to other cities. In Delhi, it will be held from Aug 29-31, Bangalore Sep 5-7 and Kolkata Sep 14.
“Our shows are aimed to give quality entertainment to the families. Through this four-city tour of India, we wish to reach the Indian audience and bring a smile to everyone’s face,” said Larkin.
The show is being organised by Founder Millennium Entertainment International and Just Because It’s Children (JBC) in association with HP Pavilion.
The show has eight characters, including Noddy’s friends like Big Ears, Bumpy Dog, Sly, Gobbo and Tessie Bear and primarily targets children in the age group of 2-10 years and their parents.
Kavita Bedi, managing director JBC, informed that after the four metros, they are also planning to showcase it in Chennai, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad.
The tickets for the shows have been priced at Rs.500, Rs.750, Rs.1,000 and Rs.1,500.
Noddy stories were originally published between 1949 and 1963. The television show based on the character is by far the longest running show on British TV since 1955, and continues to appear to this day.
- Noddy comes to India! - Jul 13, 2012
- Now Indian fans can look forward to live Noddy show - May 29, 2008
- Enid Blyton is Liz Hurley's biggest literary influence - Oct 27, 2010
- Noddy to return to Toyland without Mr. Golliwog - Oct 19, 2009
- Enid Blyton's unseen novel 'Mr Tumpy's Caravan' discovered - Feb 23, 2011
- Carter to play Enid Blyton - Mar 07, 2009
- Lost book by Enid Blyton found - Feb 23, 2011
- Helena to play Enid Blyton in TV drama - Mar 07, 2009
- Enid Blyton may have been a Nazi sympathiser - Jan 04, 2010
- Enid Blyton joins JK Rowling, Dan Brown in Amazon's best-selling authors list - Dec 17, 2009
- Noddy celebrates 60th birthday with high-tech makeover - Apr 13, 2009
- Noddy to celebrate 60th Birthday with a book - Nov 17, 2008
- From London to Sirdargarh, a Guyanese Indian's journey - Apr 11, 2012
- Enid Blyton falls out of children's top ten authors list - Dec 17, 2010
- Enid Blytons famous characters to return in new adventure series - Aug 25, 2008