Kids bring spontaneity on sets, says Parvin DabasAugust 30th, 2012 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) Child artists bring spontaneity, innocence on the sets and it is fun working with them, says Parvin Dabas who plays father of child actors Leher Khan and Krishang Trivedi in forthcoming movie “Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid”.
“It is great to work with child artists. With them around, there is spontaneity and innocence all over the sets. But one has to watch his tongue with so many kids around,” Pravin told IANS.
“While shooting with Leher, Krishang and other children I was amazed to see how good they are. I look forward to working with children. They are so eager and innocent. It is a pleasure working with them.
“I don’t think there are any problems working with kids. The thing that one needs to see about is the shooting hours with them, but I don’t consider that as a negative thing. That is something one needs to take care of,” said the actor, who has a 16-month-old son with wife Preeti Jhangiani.
“Jalpari” was not his first project with child artists; he had earlier directed two school plays with students of first to fifth grade.
“Jalpari”, directed by “I Am Kalam” director Nila Madhab Panda, deals with the issue of female foeticide but is treated as an adventure thriller and journey film.
The 38-year-old, who turned director with “Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande”, says it is important to make films with a message.
“I believe cinema should entertain and at the same time educate also. It depends on the director how he takes it forward and showcases it on screen. As a director, not every time but yes I would like to take up issues affecting people at large in any of my film in the future but in a light hearted manner,” he said.
Currently, he is busy shooting for three upcoming films and at the same time also working on his second movie as a director.
- Emraan effortless actor, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Nila Madhab's 'Jalpari' screened at Marche du Cannes - May 22, 2012
- Spending crores on promotion doesn't guarantee success: Panda - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Jalpari' not a serious film: Nila Madhab Panda - Aug 23, 2012
- Our society has double standards: Tannishtha - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Jalpari' - a little gem, with message on female foeticide (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Jalpari' to compete at Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Jun 11, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Aamir brings smile to 'Jalpari' director (Movie Snippets)(With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Parvin Dabas turns director with 'Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande' - May 27, 2011
- Parvin and I never behave like husband-wife on sets: Preeti - Jul 06, 2011
- Preeti back to full-time acting with 'Yeh Hai Mumbai' (With Image) - Jan 12, 2012
- Films don't work because of trends: Parvin Dabbas - Aug 17, 2011
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: adventure thriller, child actors, child artists, female foeticide, galat, hearted manner, innocence, madhab, mermaid, New Delhi, parvin dabas, preeti jhangiani, sahi, school plays, showcases, spontaneity, trivedi, upcoming films, working with children, working with kids