Kidman’s ‘Golden Compass’ tipped to be a turkeyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
And her latest film, based on the first book in Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” trilogy, has received negative feedbacks as well.
“It is a 175 million dollar investment for New Line Cinema, which has been hurting ever since ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy,” the New York Post quoted an insider, as saying.
“People working on the movie say it is just plain bad,” the insider added.
The source said that the movie depends too much on computer-generated images and may slip with its talking, armored polar bear.
However a New Line rep defended the project, saying, “That’s bull****.”
The rep cited a quote from Ted Cooper, the senior vice president of Regal Entertainment Group, who saw the movie at the Showeast convention.
“Cooper said, ‘Golden Compass has been on my radar for nearly a year now. I perceive this as one of the most important films to play throughout the holidays,’” the rep said. (ANI)
- Economic meltdown defers sequels to 'The Golden Compass' - Oct 21, 2008
- Cooper impressed with Tyson in 'The Hangover: Part II' - May 23, 2011
- 'Bewitched' to be made again - Aug 11, 2011
- Bryce Dallas Howard features in "Terminator Salvation" - May 14, 2009
- Murphy wants roles in smaller films - Jul 25, 2012
- YRF Entertainment to produce, finance Nicole Kidman-starrer - May 19, 2012
- Cooper confirms third 'Hangover' movie - Dec 05, 2011
- Bristol Palin appears in music video days after Levi Johnston's video debut - Oct 08, 2010
- Sacha Baron Cohen: 'Hugo is a work of art' - Nov 28, 2011
- Vatican Daily slams Kidman-Craig starrer The Golden Compass - Dec 20, 2007
- I'm not doing 'Midnight's Children': Nandita Das - Feb 24, 2011
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
- Kidman, Urban 'raring to start farming' - Nov 14, 2007
- Gareth Edwards to direct 'Godzilla' remake - Jan 05, 2011
- Javier Bardem to star in 'The Dark Tower'? - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: bewitched, computer generated images, dark materials, dogville, dollar investment, flicks, golden compass, important films, insider, kidman, lord of the rings trilogy, negative feedbacks, new line cinema, new york post, philip pullman, polar bear, regal entertainment group, senior vice president, stepford wives, ted cooper