Kidman pays tribute to father, says he is strong and lovingJune 22nd, 2009 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 22 (IANS) Australian actress Nicole Kidman marked her 42nd birthday by paying tribute to her father who stood by her when her marriage with Tom Cruise fell apart.
The actress celebrated her birthday Saturday, a day before Father’s Day and decided to use the occasion to honour her father, Anthony, who she credited for his “wonderful” help after her split from ex-husband Tom Cruise in 2001, reported contactmusic.com.
“When my marriage to Tom Cruise fell apart, I really needed to reach out to my dad, and he was wonderful. He stood by me, comforted me… at a time when I really needed to see it, the way that a man can be strong, dignified and loving,” said Kidman.
“I’m very grateful that I had such a good father to see me through that time because it put me in good stead for trusting again the next time I fell in love. My father is a very good and decent man,” she added.
- Nicole Kidman pays tribute to dad on her 42nd birthday - Jun 22, 2009
- Kidman emotionally damaged after split from Cruise - Feb 03, 2011
- Nicole Kidman sought fame out of love for Tom Cruise - Feb 02, 2011
- Nicole Kidman concentrating on family life - May 21, 2010
- Nicole Kidman – Life Is Bright And Beautiful - Dec 22, 2010
- Nicole Kidman wishes her adopted children lived with her - Dec 22, 2010
- Kidman misses her adopted kids with Cruise - Dec 22, 2010
- Cruise, Holmes part ways - Jun 30, 2012
- Nicole Kidman confesses she's no domestic goddess - Dec 14, 2010
- Tom Cruise deeply saddened by divorce - Jun 30, 2012
- Jude love of my life, says Sadie Frost - Aug 02, 2011
- Nicole Kidman 'never thought she'd find love again' after Tom Cruise split' - Feb 03, 2011
- Kidman wants to extend her brood - Feb 04, 2011
- Cruise's adopted daughter joins Holmes fashion lable - May 11, 2011
- Love for Nicole Kidman helped Keith Urban quit drugs - Apr 09, 2011